the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brace yourself for a wallet flogging. They sure know how to charge on Hamilton Island :(
Its a bit too "touristy" for me but a really nice place.
Went once, experienced it, will never go again.

will avoid most of that off plane on to boat stocked from super market so ball park $$ food boat for wife and me mates $180 per head per day i got flights jet star for under $200 each way I was looking at Tiger to Mackay for $90 bucks but to scared to dare

ah we got boat deal pay 5 sail 7 days and today they say oh 10% off cus you return customer :)

will avoid most of that off plane on to boat stocked from super market so ball park $$ food boat for wife and me mates $180 per head per day i got flights jet star for under $200 each way I was looking at Tiger to Mackay for $90 bucks but to scared to dare

Cool. My mate had a great idea to save some money and decided to do our groceries through "Coles Online". When we got there all of our lovely food was sitting there in boxes.

Half was already mouldy :(

Had to buy bread locally at something like double normal RRP.

Cool. My mate had a great idea to save some money and decided to do our groceries through "Coles Online". When we got there all of our lovely food was sitting there in boxes.

Half was already mouldy :(

Had to buy bread locally at something like double normal RRP.

ah a handy hint as was thinking of that too but we have 4 crew going 1st with shopping list and collect the tubs do the hire show n tell then meet the rest we got 2 - 10 berth boats booked about 17+ souls all up

nice set up lad aww :( now you got me a pining for my Ibanez les P and my fender twin, both long gone them days behind me. Only today i dropped off my Telecaster copy to my 14 yold nephew as he wants try a few bodies before an upgrade.
been playing since i was 12 ,played a ton of party pub gigs back in the 90's, then left the scene for a while to sober out ,slowly recording some of my own stuff now

Hmm, tobacco burst les Paul copy and what looks like a Paul Reed Smith hanging on the wall ?
And is that a set of D'addario strings on the bench?
yeah its a solid slab of Mahogany (non chambered body) with flamed AAA hard maple cap and long deep set neck ..Came out of the epiphone Factory ,better quality and sounding than any of the newer chambered cheese holed gibby's. yeah D'addario 52's -10's at the moment

been playing since i was 12 ,played a ton of party pub gigs back in the 90's, then left the scene for a while to sober out ,slowly recording some of my own stuff now

yeah its a solid slab of Mahogany (non chambered body) with flamed AAA hard maple cap and long deep set neck ..Came out of the epiphone Factory ,better quality and sounding than any of the newer chambered cheese holed gibby's. yeah D'addario 52's -10's at the moment
Ah, now i see it's a custom, i had a epip LP standard in honey burst when they first came out, beautiful looking tool, but the pickups were crap!
Have you checked out the jap made Gibson LP Orville?...... Also i see you can now buy the wiring and switches on ebay to covert the LP humbuckers to coil tapping.

Ah, now is see it's a custom, i had a epip LP standard in honey burst when they first came out, beautiful looking tool, but the pickups were crap!
Have you checked out the jap made Gibson LP Orville?...... Also i see you can now buy the wiring and switches on ebay to covert the LP humbuckers to coil tapping.

yeah been hunting for a mint Vintage MIJ Orville for a while. Funny i was in the local shop a month or so ago and there got some 'new' Orville LP's on the rack but there the cheaper chinese made range ,they can order the higher end models in that are MIJ apparently ..... prefer the 80's one's tho, nearly picked up a early 80's yamaha Lord player LP last week . theres a guy just up the road from me selling tons of good quality imported gear for modding guitar on ebay ,In Mogo NSW.

Uhh ohh, is that an oil leak I see??

View attachment 354206

Sorry Rick and Matty2 :D

Been a long while since my 4x4s have had those modern brakes,,,, in fact all mine have had discs on the front.
Very clever the Land Rover people to use tried and proven ways of stopping.;)
Oh and is that tyre removal and jack up standard procedure as per manual ??????.

Best go to work now.

Hey guys new guy ere.need some brains to pick on MS381,anyone previously modded one?only reason I don't include the 038 is coz I'm led to believe ms models have limited carbs/ignition modules(rpm limited)
Any help would be orse.
Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Hey guys new guy ere.need some brains to pick on MS381,anyone previously modded one?only reason I don't include the 038 is coz I'm led to believe ms models have limited carbs/ignition modules(rpm limited)
Any help would be orse.
Cheers.

Welcome :) Personally I haven't had much experience with 038/380 type saws but don't stress about limited rpm's. Apart from off their nut race saws you'll never get near the limiter in the cut anyway. It can sometimes help with basic tuning but in the end saws should be ideally tuned in the cut anyway.
For example my Dolmar 7900 (79cc) is quite extensively modified and that still runs the 13,500rpm limiter. The most it will pull in the cut is around 11,000rpm. If you can hit the limiter in the cut outside of race type saws then something is wrong (with the odd exception like US delivered Husqvarna 3120's).

Any help would be orse.
Cheers.

Welcome mate,like Matt said dont worry too much about rev limmiters,a simple muffler mod and it should be good ,really depends on what you want,what end of the country you from?

went camping with the fella's over the long weekend and extended it with friday off as well.
managed to go thru nearly 3 trailer loads of wood.

what was left after 4 days.

one of the fellas brought his ms192 wonder twins. cute little things hangin with my 461

probably seen these before.. they are called trees.

morning fire build up to get her cranking again.

road blockage dealt with. probably cause have just left the chainsaw in the truck.

mate looking for wood. this track became bit of a struggle after the rain. especially towing the trailer up.. video to come soon.

the boggers are bloody great at filling the trailer with clay!

Had a funny one on Saturday. Got my old 7900 back from Al (AUSSIE1) after it did the rounds to Rick first etc. I don't reckon I've seen that saw for maybe 3 years. Anyway I'd grabbed the ported top end off of Al a while ago and sold it. Fitted one of the BB kits I have here and do you think I could get the bastard to rev over 9000rpm? Leaned the thing right out and thought in the end there must be a bloody air leak or a blocked up carby - it was running weird. Sealed off the muffler and pulled the back apart to get to the carby (HD filter kit) and there it was - I hadn't run the throttle cable properly! Fixed all that up and the thing runs like a champ. I was planning to sell it to a mate and keep my 288XP but in all honesty this would give the 288 a run for it's money so I'll keep it and sell the Husky - regrettably. That old 288 is a nice saw but I don't really need 5 saws in the same class :(
good God man, the prodigal son returns !

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

Back