the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunting and fishing at night for game is rather non-sporting in my opinion, never mind not being legal here in the states. For problem species like pigs and coyotes I am all for it though.

I spotlight and shoot from a vehicle all the time. Pretty well only culling pest animals though such as roos and emus under permit. Lucky I'm not in the US or I may have to walk around :)

Evening gentlemen,,,,, just had a quick look on FB and surprise surprise the village idiot has again told me that I'm a looser.

On the above person in question I found this snippet regarding his incredible knowledge, offering his audience his advice on a few things, pay close attension to his Winning racing chain procedures.....
I'm so glad he was never ever my trainer or else I would of come dead last in every 1st heat like him.

mcbob
Post subject:

********************************/phpbb3/styles/RedSilver3/imageset/icon_post_target.gif
Posted: Mar 1st, '06, 23:37

Well Errol,
This is an interesting thread and one that needs to be clear and easy to understand.

In Mac Chain the where 3 basic styles, Round, Semi Chisel and full Chisel, with the introduction of a square filed full chisel a little later.

Round tooth or chipper chain is a multi-purpose smooth cutting chain.
Easy to sharpen and maintain.

Semi-chisel a more aggressive chain and again mult-purpose and still easy to sharpen and maintain.

Super chisel a full professional chain for cutting green clean timber an excellent falling chain but not really a good chain for ripping as it causes lots of vibration and is hard on the saw unit, shakes everything to pieces.

Not recommended for milling as this is a falling chain and regardless of what you file the top plate at it still not smooth.

Race chains are more purpose setup to suit the saw and operator but all times achieved should be compared against a known new chain to see the benifits obtained, Many a race chain filed up by bushmen i have beaten with a new out of the box standard chain.
So much for their abilities and years of experiance as it can all come to nothing with a few strokes of misguided ego.

All chains on my race saws are brand new for strength and i leave the origion edge on the cutter as it's very crisp just paying attention to the rest of the chain, P.S What ever you take off the depth gauges you cannot put back and with saw racing if the depth gauges are set to low the chain becomes to aggressive and rough plus it kicks back like a mule not a very pleasant thing on a very high powered saw when it comes to the plunge cut as it can ruin you day very quickly.

I suggest sticking to the makers recommendations as regards angles and depth gauge setting as their've been at it a lot longer than us.

To win a race you need 3 things.

1. A good powerful power unit
2. A well sharpened and set chain.
3. A good operator with a good feel for the saw being used.

And their is no substitute for cubic inchs and rpm.

I have been doing some testing on a few chains filed up and moddified like Art Martin does and will be testing one this weekend coming at the saw races. We'll see how it handles Australian Hardwoods.

Mc Bob.

Thats why you should own a Mac first.
McBob .. 1949 and still kicking.

It's seriously like that 14 year old kid who makes out he has a twin turboed 1000HP Nissan GT-R on those car forums, even though all he has is a BMX.
Quite sad really. You don't know whether to abuse him or feel sorry for him.

Good to see you back Wayne old son :) Hope all well in Wayne's World?
If you need any 009 bits contact Benny (bennn*e). He has that many of them that there are even old ones sitting in his garden.

Thanks Matt, I'm doing ok, slowly burning the mountains of firewood I have in my backyard, I got a bit carried away with my firewood scrounging last year :chop:

I spotlight and shoot from a vehicle all the time. Pretty well only culling pest animals though such as roos and emus under permit. Lucky I'm not in the US or I may have to walk around :)

me too . unless i'm after deer and even then i like to sit and watch as long as possible . it is amazing what you can learn.

but a lot of the time i put them up and in that case i just let'em go as i want meat not a trophy so the calmer they are

the better AFAIC .....

me too . unless i'm after deer and even then i like to sit and watch as long as possible . it is amazing what you can learn.

but a lot of the time i put them up and in that case i just let'em go as i want meat not a trophy so the calmer they are

the better AFAIC .....

I agree Darren. Like yesterday with those goats - I came up over a hill and this big mob was about 300m ahead of me. Good thing is that nearly all the goats you see out there have probably never seen a himan before so they are pretty hard to spook. I was watching them through the scope for a while until I picked the biggest Billy. Quite interesting watching them and they'd have been there for ages but the bastards were eating the farmer's crop so I couldn't leave them too long. I also couldn't go crazy on them as once the crop is off he rounds the goats up and gets $0.85c/kg liveweight for them which adds up quick. Last load he took down on a tandem stock trailer grossed $1250 odd for 29 goats.

So dam true.

It's nearly as bad as that Neil Onley bloke. I drove up to northern NSW to see him and go to the saw races with him and all he had was a Poulan Wildthing he borrowed from his neighbour.
That was the biggest disappointment of my life as I idolised that bloke...

It's nearly as bad as that Neil Onley bloke. I drove up to northern NSW to see him and go to the saw races with him and all he had was a Poulan Wildthing he borrowed from his neighbour.
That was the biggest disappointment of my life as I idolised that bloke...

That would be bloody right, pick on the little guy again.

edit,,,, that's nasty, downright nasty Mattster, I feel a loop of Cutty Cutty long time chain will repair the damage from your verbal assault.

He sucked a lot of people in that's for sure. In fact there aren't too many guys here who didn't actually fall for his BS at one time or another.

i'm happy i'm one of the not too many guys here who didn't actually fall for his BS at one time or another :laugh::laugh::chop::givebeer:

never liked it from the start

Latest posts

Back