the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, summer is just getting started here. Pushing 85 F. here today (30 C.). Lovely weather. I am finishing up bucking and splitting my truckload of Doug fir logs to season the rest of the summer. Not that I need it now, I have several cords of fir and cedar from last year to burn this winter. Just getting ahead on dry wood for the year after next. The chainsaws will get a rest from now through the fall. In the meantime I will be building my new carport. And putting in a new patio in back. And remodeling the kitchen. And putting down new plank flooring in the living room. Summer fun...

Ah, summer is just getting started here. Pushing 85 F. here today (30 C.). Lovely weather. I am finishing up bucking and splitting my truckload of Doug fir logs to season the rest of the summer. Not that I need it now, I have several cords of fir and cedar from last year to burn this winter. Just getting ahead on dry wood for the year after next. The chainsaws will get a rest from now through the fall. In the meantime I will be building my new carport. And putting in a new patio in back. And remodeling the kitchen. And putting down new plank flooring in the living room. Summer fun...
Did you get lots of before photos when you first bought it after all the neglect of the previous owners? Would love t see some before and after pictures. Sounds like you need a portable mill to make your own lumber. Got one?
I'm about to start milling some trees I dropped last Summer and will take the lumber and turn it into tongue and groove lining for the inside of the farmers house. Looking forward to it. It will be one of those standing tree to installed finished product deals. They are the most rewarding projects, me thinks.

You are gunna be busy

You are gunna be busy

I already am busy. Supposed to rain this week though so I will get some time off.

Did you get lots of before photos when you first bought it after all the neglect of the previous owners? Would love t see some before and after pictures. Sounds like you need a portable mill to make your own lumber. Got one?

As for milling, I do not have a mill setup here. Living at my ex's place in Southern Oregon, our neighbor had a band saw mill that was the tits. He had huge 6 foot diameter logs brought into his place that he milled into boards and beams. It was weird seeing logging trucks go backwards, UP the hill instead of down. Good fir logs up here are so damn spendy. The cull fir logs I got for firewood are no good for milling. They are split, forked, knotty, or bent. I do not have any sizable fir trees here to drop and mill either. I do have large pines, but they are no good for framing lumber. Never mind the time to mill, or having the right size saw. My 660 could do the work, but it needs new rings and maybe a piston, so it will have to sit until winter. I do not have an Alaskan sawmill either.

I have tons of before pictures of this place. It was a wreak. A crack house, basically. It was vacant for 2 years after a foreclosure. I have remodeled the bathrooms, bedrooms, laundry room, hot tub room, the back attached shop and storage rooms (technically they are cabanas, but called 'accessory structures' so they do not need county building permits). I also removed all the crappy wallpaper and textured and painted the interior sheetrock, and I just finished repainting the exterior. I have put in all new laminate flooring or tile. I have also rewired most of the place and replumbed the well. I had to re-insulate under the house and put up house wrap over it. I also laid down 6 mil plastic under the house as a radon gas barrier. The county made me "remove" the non-permitted garage that was attached to the house, and I turned it into a set of separate "accessory buildings" 6 feet from the house. That alone took one whole spring/summer. I have also terraformed the property and re-landscaped a lot of it. I have a blueberry and cane berry vineyard, as well as a small orchard here. I also have a fairly large bamboo nursery and I sell boos on CL. Mowing the half acre lawn here also takes time, but this time of year this property looks like a park.

But screw all this crap. Time to go shooting with my brother...

edit,,, hey all, just watching "a million ways to die in the west" this is a new release comedy western and worth watching, just laughing as it goes on. worth getting.

Saw it at the flicks, frigging funny !

and yes, Charlize it's very easy on the eyes !

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

Heard a tree go down near here last night, not sure on whose place yet.
Cut up some stringy bark last night for the fire.
It really should've gone into fence posts, probably too nice to burn but we need to keep warm !

Saw it at the flicks, frigging funny !

and yes, Charlize it's very easy on the eyes !

that's was a crack up, I have it on my PC, that part where that shy fella holding on to flowers waiting for his girlfriend while she is giving a **** job upstairs then comes down and tries to kiss him......

By crikeys this show has changed this week, whats happened, no best not jinx it and its much better.

Back