the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gday all has any one bought any hardox AR500 steel plate bloody exy $400 for a 600mm x 16mm disk

gday all has any one bought any hardox AR500 steel plate bloody exy $400 for a 600mm x 16mm disk

Just buy some old flywheels from a wrecker. Or some leaf springs out of a truck and weld them together :) I hit an old truck leaf spring the other week at about 10m with the .25/06 and all it did was take the rust off. At the same range it was going straight through 1/2" mild steel plate.

Not only am I a disappointment to every Youtube member in the northern hemisphere but also to myself, my friends, and my family. I disgust myself.

I wonder what type of chain you are supposed to run that does not make sawdust? :givebeer:

Forking noobs and McBoobs anyway, north or south of the equator. The more I know the less I am posting about it any more. Why bother.

How about this weather aye, one large tree down on the property and I'm guessing a few more by the end of the week. That 261 is going to have its work cut out for it, glad I ordered a 28" bar though. It just doesn't seem to slow down with the shorter bars?? Weird

This is one of my ported 026 saws with a 32 inch on it. It was really easy to bog, and the oiler could not keep it wet (note the bar burn). Was also a bit bar heavy...

32 inch on 026 2.jpg
Note the Aussie oriented bar...

Why are you buying hardox Daz? Making something bullet proof? lol. Bisalloy should be more readily available and from memory cheaper also.

There is hot saw racing... (note all that dust, Matt)!

View attachment 356604
Make that log your bytch!

Then there is McBob hot saw "racing" with supervision...

View attachment 356606
Make Bob your bytch!

That's just mean,,,,,,,, well thought and put into the correct perspective.

Just remember lads as well all know very well, THE CAT WILL COME BACK maybe not the very next day but he will be back and so will all the other stuff,,,, nothing will change except the banned number gets 1 higher.

I wonder what type of chain you are supposed to run that does not make sawdust? :givebeer:

Forking noobs and McBoobs anyway, north or south of the equator. The more I know the less I am posting about it any more. Why bother.

It's that mentality where any dust means your chain is blunt. Only relevant in softwoods apparently :)

That's just mean,,,,,,,, well thought and put into the correct perspective.

Just remember lads as well all know very well, THE CAT WILL COME BACK maybe not the very next day but he will be back and so will all the other stuff,,,, nothing will change except the banned number gets 1 higher.

Nah... all you have to do is add the cat to the ignore list here, and it disappears. *poof* XenForro erases all existence. It can rant, rave, scream, and claw, and it will not register. Well, if you do not have Tapatalk that is. It is called several other names on some other sites, but the BS is the same. I ignore it there as well.

yep all the way up to 375 cheytac and 50 bmg ........booom....................................................................ding

Is there something you aren't telling us Darren about future rifle purchases?
Hey on another note mate is your son's .25/06 a standard 1:10 twist? If so I gather it is stabilising those 115gn Bergers OK? The 115gn Barnes projies arrived and they state a maximum of a 1:9 twist. Loaded 15 of them that I'll try this weekend but they'll probably start keyholing at 100m if their 1:9 twist theory is correct. The finish on those Barnes is pretty average.

what is the length (as in 0.000") of the pill and i'll tell you how fast you have to push them.

what is the length (as in 0.000") of the pill and i'll tell you how fast you have to push them.

Not sure. They're down the shed. They look around 12" long though :D
I've loaded up some pretty warm loads with AR2213SC so will whack a few groups out this weekend. AR2217 looks like it will add maybe 100fps max but hey if they don't group it's one of those lessons learned. I'll just use them on goats at 50m or less :)

Back