the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melted the edge off the piston? I'd like to see a picture of that.

I recall someone doing something like that back in the 60s, but as I remember they were injecting oxygen into the carb. Something about burning the carbon off the piston - seemed like a good idea at the time.

where was ya on saturday night matt? wouldnt answer ya bloody phone! i had a cold beer and a toasted piston for ya at the berri pub

Ya farkin what??? Gee sorry old son, I'd have been there with bells on dammit. I've gotta be more vigilant with missed calls. If people don't leave voice messages I instantly forget :( Goldfish memory...

Also as far as that toasted BB kit, that was one of the older versions that I got hold of originally with the freeporting exhaust. It was the version that Brad did a review on after I sent him one to port for my first 660 and he said it wasn't even worth installing - tilted exhaust port, freeporting exhaust etc etc. Pretty bad and after that I got my supplier to source other BB kits from another manufacturer. The new ones are excellent with no issues at all. Dearer kits but won't come back to bite me in the bum later :cheers:

Ya farkin what??? Gee sorry old son, I'd have been there with bells on dammit. I've gotta be more vigilant with missed calls. If people don't leave voice messages I instantly forget :( Goldfish memory...

Also as far as that toasted BB kit, that was one of the older versions that I got hold of originally with the freeporting exhaust. It was the version that Brad did a review on after I sent him one to port for my first 660 and he said it wasn't even worth installing - tilted exhaust port, freeporting exhaust etc etc. Pretty bad and after that I got my supplier to source other BB kits from another manufacturer. The new ones are excellent with no issues at all. Dearer kits but won't come back to bite me in the bum later :cheers:

all good matt mite slide thru later in the month again, one thing about that original kit it was pretty dam hard to keep in tune, one day a mercedes next day a diesel gemini. oh and the slightly out of line muffler mount holes did give me a lot of stress. but ya gotta try these things who knows it could have been the best kit ever

Hi Guys.Im not an ebay guy at all and need some clarification.
Been looking at a couple of 346s on Aus ebay.from what i gather from comments made these saws are sent straight from US.so that being the case if customs here assess them as being over 1k...even though i paid say $650...i will be up for taxes etc??? if thats the go it would turn into a problem for me (i have myself ..the wife i mean has me on a tight budget) and if it was one cent over the price i paid there would be all hell to pay in billy goat flat lol.

Thanks guys....Cheers David

Been looking at a couple of 346s on Aus ebay.from what i gather from comments made these saws are sent straight from US.so that being the case if customs here assess them as being over 1k...even though i paid say $650...i will be up for taxes etc??? if thats the go it would turn into a problem for me (i have myself ..the wife i mean has me on a tight budget) and if it was one cent over the price i paid there would be all hell to pay in billy goat flat lol.

Hi David, as long as the declared value of the saw is under $1000 you should be right. I haven't had a problem with importing saws under $1000. However I would discuss it with the ebay seller before you buy it though and if he is drop shipping them from the US what is he going to do if customs issues arise.

Hi David. If for some reason Customs ever decide to open a parcel and assess it's value it doesn't matter what price it has been declared at. However the chances of ever getting stung on a 346XP with a declared value not including freight of under $1000 is next to nothing. Customs have bigger fish to fry than us.

As Matt has stated, but I didn't notice these saws sold through Ebay Aus were coming from the states. That means there won't be any warranty. Most of us don't mind voiding the warranty considering the savings made and it comes down to personal preference, but I'd be buying direct from the States if that was the case.

Hi David. If for some reason Customs ever decide to open a parcel and assess it's value it doesn't matter what price it has been declared at. However the chances of ever getting stung on a 346XP with a declared value not including freight of under $1000 is next to nothing. Customs have bigger fish to fry than us.

Hi all, am new to the site and just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some private land to cut wood on for firewood, or even just helping clean up fallen trees, got a new 6660 magnum that needs a good working

Hi all, am new to the site and just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some private land to cut wood on for firewood, or even just helping clean up fallen trees, got a new 6660 magnum that needs a good working

Welcome to the site, that 660 should be good for firewood - real fast! lol

Hi mate.
I'm 700km away but you're more than welcome here. Got wood everywhere, laying down or ready for you to drop :)
Welcome to the site as well. 660's are great firewood saws for sure.
Matt

Mcw where bouts are you, I'm from ringwood but spend alot of time in Mansfield. The 660 is not bad was hoping it would cut a bit actually however I'm not the best chain sharpener and have bugger all knowledge about the different types of chain and teeth etc, my old man knows a bit but mostly related to cutting slabs

Mcw where bouts are you, I'm from ringwood but spend alot of time in Mansfield. The 660 is not bad was hoping it would cut a bit actually however I'm not the best chain sharpener and have bugger all knowledge about the different types of chain and teeth etc, my old man knows a bit but mostly related to cutting slabs

Scheffa, I grew up around Nunawading, Blackburn, East Doncaster etc. Was down at Ringwood a few months ago checking out the bike shops and couldn't believe how built up Ringwood is these days, especially with the freeway going through there. Mansfield is a great town with the tourism pumping all year round being at the foothills of the High Plains. The place is busy regardless of the time of year. I did alot of logging around Mansfield and Bonnie Doon in the pines.

you live in Melbourne and no-one suggested you come to the GTG??? whats wrong with you guys. check out the GTG thread. oh and do yourself a favour and get a HD2 filter from your dealer for that saw cause otherwise it will eat sawdust! there is a thread on here stihlman started about how the standard filters just do NOT cut it in australia!

Hi mate. I'm up in the Riverland, South Australia about 170km west of Mildura.

Thanks for the offer mcw, but Thats a little far, hopefully someone on here needs a hand cleaning up some trees or knows some one who does. I will look into one of those hd2 filters aswell

Thanks for the offer mcw, but Thats a little far, hopefully someone on here needs a hand cleaning up some trees or knows some one who does. I will look into one of those hd2 filters aswell

Hitch a ride with a truckie! I don't like your odds of getting a lift though with a 660 over your shoulder :D

Quick Q fella's.

Can Huskies be sold new online here ?

I thought they were shop sales only, or have I got it wrong ?
Seems to be a number of new 372's and 390XP's for sale on ebay ATM.

Quick Q fella's.

Can Huskies be sold new online here ?

I thought they were shop sales only, or have I got it wrong ?
Seems to be a number of new 372's and 390XP's for sale on ebay ATM.

Most are bought off alibaba for half what they are listed on ebay australia for! there aare a couple though that are sold by dealers. BEWARE the MS381 stihls you see they sell on alibaba for like 300 to 350 and sell on ebay for 700 plus. if you check both you can see where a bloke has payed 300 and is selling for 700!

Oh and I have checked them out and have emails from the sellers on alibaba and they neither confirmed or denied that they were rip offs but they were coming from china!

Back