the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be safe with a 390xp, i don't think the chinese have copied it yet. A few of the 390xp's on Aus ebay lately have been sold by a guy in Queensland who supposedly gets his cheap through an Aussie tree company but he also sells new ms440's so go figure...

You should be safe with a 390xp, i don't think the chinese have copied it yet. A few of the 390xp's on Aus ebay lately have been sold by a guy in Queensland who supposedly gets his cheap through an Aussie tree company but he also sells new ms440's so go figure...

Have seen 365s (i think) 372's 390s and 395s as well as other huskies on alibaba, they look like the real thing but are they??? they say they are cheap cause they bought lots but if thats the case how can they advertise that they can ship 1000 plus per day of them??? I also saw the ms 440 BEFORE they had actually been released recently!

No 390XP copies as yet. Just remember though that there are advertised 066/660 copies but they are simply rebadged 038's. If anybody has seen a 390XP copy I'd bet my left sweaty one that it's a 365/372 copy with different stickers. If there are no aftermarket P&C's available for a particular saw model there will be no identical copies of that saw.

There are 395XP copies apparently (haven't seen one yet) as well as the 365/372 etc.

There have been some genuine Aussie Husky dealers selling new saws on eBay. There was a genuine 3120 on eBay (linked off of AS here somewhere) and it was from a Husky dealer and was an Aussie delivered saw - I messaged the seller to ask.

Rick, that confirms my suspicions about Macca's lack of training. Talking about great coffee - if you ever find yourself near Hervey Bay in Queensland make sure you visit 'Sexy coffee' on the highway. They roast in house and probably make the best coffee I have tasted in Australia. We used to live a bout 1.5 hours away and drove there just for the coffee.

Thanks Rudy.
When we're up that way I'll keep it in mind.

Wayne just answered my Q on the machine and grinder, thanks Wayne.

We've never bothered buying a decent setup as it's a bit of a ritual to go out for coffee but the local cafés have dropped the ball a fair bit recently, which is a shame.

I did a rough service on one of the machines recently (cleaned the strainer in the head where the basket locks on) and improved the extraction and coffee immediately in one of the local cafés.
They use Toby's Estate which is a pretty good commercial blend.

I think I'm going to drag myself off and do a machine servicing course, there's upwards of twenty machines within a 30km radius yet the nearest service blokes are a 2.5 hour drive away.

Well, it looks like I'm wasting my time learning to sharpen race chain and port race saws.

All I need is this stuff ! "The Saw" In Action

Fair Dinkum, just add it to your oil tank and you'll get a 45% faster cut speed.....

All I need is a Hiclone in the intake and this stuff in the oil tank and everyone better watch out :D

Those Queenslanders are an innovative lot :monkey:

Thanks Rudy.
When we're up that way I'll keep it in mind.

Wayne just answered my Q on the machine and grinder, thanks Wayne.

We've never bothered buying a decent setup as it's a bit of a ritual to go out for coffee but the local cafés have dropped the ball a fair bit recently, which is a shame.

I did a rough service on one of the machines recently (cleaned the strainer in the head where the basket locks on) and improved the extraction and coffee immediately in one of the local cafés.
They use Toby's Estate which is a pretty good commercial blend.

I think I'm going to drag myself off and do a machine servicing course, there's upwards of twenty machines within a 30km radius yet the nearest service blokes are a 2.5 hour drive away.

Rick, Have a look at the "coffeesnobs" forum, heaps of good info there, they also have a classified section, that's where I bought my equipment, coffeesnobs.com.au - Index

Well, it looks like I'm wasting my time learning to sharpen race chain and port race saws.

All I need is this stuff ! "The Saw" In Action

Fair Dinkum, just add it to your oil tank and you'll get a 45% faster cut speed.....

All I need is a Hiclone in the intake and this stuff in the oil tank and everyone better watch out :D

Those Queenslanders are an innovative lot :monkey:

Wow did you see that! Just one squirt in the oil tank and the saw cuts faster :msp_w00t:

What will they think of next...

David, what's your grinder and machine and current favourite beans ?

It looks like a great setup.
Coffee Dominion makes the best stuff that is available localy
Robert Timms expreeso at the moment. I have one cup a day but it is a soup cup that holds 600~700ml :D
Grinder is cuisinart bur grinder, you can adjust the size of the grounds eg course for the french press or finer for a machine

Rick were you asking Wayne and not me ?

Last edited:
Thanks David and yes I was asking you but Wayne answered it too.

I've been off coffee for quite a while, it often really razzes me up badly (I've been drinking Chai instead) but funnily enough the coffee at Bay Leaf didn't give me any adverse side effects at all (I experimented, one shot after another :D) and so I'm back to having a few a week ATM.

Good cafés change the grind daily. Humidity changes effect the grind and hence extraction, as does how hard you press the puck into the basket, etc.
One thing that bugs me about one of the local cafés is the pass the parcel approach to the coffee machine, three different people can be pulling coffee within any time period so there's no consistency.

I finished the Fire Brigade's chainsaw course and I'm now qualified to handle one of their chainsaws. The rest of the Brigade's showed up with Stihl 036s, so I passed on taking the worn out 181 and took my own saw. Perhaps now that Headquarters has seen the old equipment we are stuck with, we can get a new saw. Heck, even an old 036 would be good - of course, I'd 'rebuild' it before it went into service.

Looks like i should be thankful we have an 064 then Terry.

I asked the Deputy Group about the chainsaw thing and getting my felling ticket (he's one of my neighbours from when we were on the farm) and he said don't worry, we all know everyone around here can handle a saw (mostly :laugh:) but I will eventually as it covers everyone's arse.

Latest posts

Back