the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day in the hospital, two little boys were lying on stretchers next to each other outside of the operating room.
The first boy leans over and asks, "What are you in for?"
"I'm here to get my tonsils out and I'm nervous," the second boy says.
The first kid says, "You've got nothing to worry about! I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep and when you wake up they give you lots of ice cream and jelly. It's a breeze!"
"Well what are you here for?" the second kid asks.
"A circumcision." The first kid replys woefully.
The second kid says "Ouch! I had that done when I was born and I couldn't walk for a year!"

Droopy nose syndrome Neil.
It hasn't got electric start but if you didn't already know you'll be the one driving down to start it for us. The training wheels are on it only because it has a tow hitch on the end of the bar.

On a serious note though mate did any of the fallers up your way ever use 166's etc for falling or were they all Husky and Stihl?

Yes they were used, I have never seen one with a 6'' bar but. They were not as popular as stihl and Husqvarna but were used.
I only knew a few professional guys who ran them, mainly because of their price or they could no longer deal with their local stihl / husky shops.(lots of reasons and not always the shops fault)
Some Sawmill owners with their own logging crew liked them as they were cheaper to buy and send out to the bush (Mill employed log cutters were mostly on wages and did not own the saws, just used them).

I have a mate who owns a sawmill today, he ran the 166 then the mac bumble bee version, he burned his bridges with the other local saw shops.
This guy was tough, reared a big family and payed off a house from log cutting, this man worked 6 to 7 days a week unless it rained like most of us.
I had a cut with his saw one day in black butt, I soon realised he needed to be bloody tough to use the things.
The saw had power, no question about that, but it carried vibration bad (white knuckle) and the chain he was using made it worse (404 chipper). I may of been working 084's at the time, they were so much nicer to use with stihl super chisel in 3/8 on a 30inch roller nose stihl bar.

nothing wrong about talking about guns heres me young bloke sorting out the aiming marks on the 22

That's a good pic of your son.
found a couple of my boys taken some years ago, they too enjoy shooting.

pic 1, the youngest, we had trouble getting him comfortable shooting back then, he now shoots lefty, and is much better these days.
attachment.php

The oldest, shooting just came natural to him, here with my favourite hunting centre fire, Ruger 77 in .223
attachment.php

yup thanks for that.. fark i am dumb.. i have been busting my nut looking for single phase compressors and it just hit me i have 3 phase in the garage too.:bang::bang::rock:[/QUOTE]

you forgot you have 3phase??? id give my, er, well, id REALLY like 3phase. machines are heaps cheaper and usually old, heavy, solid versions that will last for ever and cost heaps less!!!
id like, lathe x 2
mill
table saw
thicknesser (you weirdos call it a buzzer???!!!!)
planer (jointer???!!!)
welder
bandsaw
bender
car hoist
a massive list of other fun toys. all on 3 phase, all weighing 10tons a piece! lovely!!!

you FORGOT you have 3 phase???! wowser!!! id be building more sheds to house everything! haha!

diddnt you want a 50L compressor tho? not sure they do them that small in 3ph?

You heard it here first. It's taken its sweet time but the 2100 arrived from Canada and in true husky form I fuelled it up and away it went like a true champ

It may run like a champ but it seems the fuel tank is rooted its pissing fuel out and leaking fuel in to the oil tank

Last edited:
yup thanks for that.. fark i am dumb.. i have been busting my nut looking for single phase compressors and it just hit me i have 3 phase in the garage too.:bang::bang::rock:

you forgot you have 3phase??? id give my, er, well, id REALLY like 3phase. machines are heaps cheaper and usually old, heavy, solid versions that will last for ever and cost heaps less!!!
id like, lathe x 2
mill
table saw
planer (jointer???!!!)
welder
bandsaw
bender
car hoist
a massive list of other fun toys. all on 3 phase, all weighing 10tons a piece! lovely!!!

you FORGOT you have 3 phase???! wowser!!! id be building more sheds to house everything! haha!

diddnt you want a 50L compressor tho? not sure they do them that small in 3ph?[/QUOTE]

thats coz we still speak stralyan :msp_biggrin:

yup thanks for that.. fark i am dumb.. i have been busting my nut looking for single phase compressors and it just hit me i have 3 phase in the garage too.:bang::bang::rock:

id like, lathe x 2
mill
table saw
planer (jointer???!!!)
welder
bandsaw
bender
car hoist

diddnt you want a 50L compressor tho? not sure they do them that small in 3ph?[/QUOTE]

yes yr rite..i want something that comes up to pressure quickly, and most 3 phase comp's are large tanked. about the only thing i use air for is pumping up tyres and air gun on the saws. got a kick arse cordless rattle gun.
i have a fully equipped tool room at work to play on. so if need to do anything substantial, i do it at work. so home is just for play with single phase most of the time.
i just have a severe lack of room at home tho. suburbia living has its draw backs. the house has a 3 phase a/c so while we were at it got a socket dropped in the garage.
in hien site the garage should have been the size of the house and the house the size of the garage :laugh:

Last edited:
Yes they were used, I have never seen one with a 6'' bar but. They were not as popular as stihl and Husqvarna but were used.
I only knew a few professional guys who ran them, mainly because of their price or they could no longer deal with their local stihl / husky shops.(lots of reasons and not always the shops fault)
Some Sawmill owners with their own logging crew liked them as they were cheaper to buy and send out to the bush (Mill employed log cutters were mostly on wages and did not own the saws, just used them).

I have a mate who owns a sawmill today, he ran the 166 then the mac bumble bee version, he burned his bridges with the other local saw shops.
This guy was tough, reared a big family and payed off a house from log cutting, this man worked 6 to 7 days a week unless it rained like most of us.
I had a cut with his saw one day in black butt, I soon realised he needed to be bloody tough to use the things.
The saw had power, no question about that, but it carried vibration bad (white knuckle) and the chain he was using made it worse (404 chipper). I may of been working 084's at the time, they were so much nicer to use with stihl super chisel in 3/8 on a 30inch roller nose stihl bar.

I always appreciate your experienced replies Neil. Even if you did just Google your answer from real loggers ;)

id like, lathe x 2
mill
table saw
planer (jointer???!!!)
welder
bandsaw
bender
car hoist

diddnt you want a 50L compressor tho? not sure they do them that small in 3ph?

yes yr rite..i want something that comes up to pressure quickly, and most 3 phase comp's are large tanked. about the only thing i use air for is pumping up tyres and air gun on the saws. got a kick arse cordless rattle gun.
i have a fully equipped tool room at work to play on. so if need to do anything substantial, i do it at work. so home is just for play with single phase most of the time.
i just have a severe lack of room at home tho. suburbia living has its draw backs. the house has a 3 phase a/c so while we were at it got a socket dropped in the garage.
in hien site the garage should have been the size of the house and the house the size of the garage :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Haha, bloody straylians! You do have some awesome sayings tho.
We were shaping some surfboards a while back, a couple of cartons and a gallon of merlot under, me mate was getting pretty messy and had resin 'from arsehole to breakfast' had me in stitches!!!

Mate, if youre not using your 3ph, u wanna sell it? You'd have to deliver tho.

The chips come out chippie, coz thats what i am. Sometimes. Got some chunks of swamp mahogany to turn up and some big bits to attack with the arbortec too. Never used it before so will be interesting.
If i can bushy up some bushy chips i think i may be in trouble! I think id be more mush than chips anyway!

Dunno how to reply with indevidual quotes so i guess you'll work out who the latest waffle is directed to!

If this infernal bloomin wind drops i may well get the 750evl in some wood tomorrow.
Still havnt worked out how to post photos again. Summats up with the computer methinks. Cant open the phone numbers on gumtree either. Hrumph!!!

'from arsehole to breakfast' had me in stitches!!!

My best mate married an English chick and I swear poms are the only ones who can understand our sense of humour. I said to my mate "Pig's arse" about 10 years ago and his missus absolutely lost it. She just loves Aussie slang.

id like, lathe x 2
mill
table saw
planer (jointer???!!!)
welder
bandsaw
bender
car hoist

you FORGOT you have 3 phase???! wowser!!! id be building more sheds to house everything! haha!:msp_biggrin:

You can get a portable phase changer I got one from these guys
Phase Change Converters - converting single phase power into 3 phase
just down the road from your village. Some applications may be cheaper to get it hard wired by your power company but if your in a remote area they are cost effective.

im told by the power company that we have two phases here. what does that mean? anybody got any ideas???

any idea what the converters cost for a mid sized one?

I've had mine PC8 (i think) for about 6-8 years and cost about 4K. My understanding is if 3 phase doesn't pass by your door it's an expensive exercise, for me it was about the same cost but I opted for the portability of the phase changer. It is portable but very heavy.

Latest posts

Back