the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have been looking at updating my electric blower/vac for some time now and thanks to Stihl spring specials, i ended up with this

awesome bit of kit!.love it! havent tried the vac yet tho, but the way it blows i am sure it will suck well!

Got the new HD2 air filter in her too! Good things they are in the vacs

ok peeps, 3f motor in the cruiser running a 55A alt. putting a 110A alt on her. the original has a main charge lead and three leads to the plug, a black with yellow strip, a heavy white and an even heavier white. the new alt. has main lead, a small lead with stripe and a heavier lead to the plug. any clues on hooking this up? not real clued up on wiring, could nut it out eventually but you lot seem to know your stuff, make it easy on a bloke huh? so to clarify, main and three on original, main and two on new one.
guessing its external rectifier originally. not too keen on getting in there too much, the loom's pretty flimsy, dont wanna disturb too much at the mo! , thats the next job, just need to get her back charging for now. ta in advance!

chinese post hole digger

gotta say I am impressed ,with the quality on this unit,so far
all fasteners were tight and fitted straight up,poured the fuel in ,primed the carb ,three pulls and away it went,runs like a top ,
no tuning required,i guess only time will tell how it holds up ,but if I get all my postholes done around the yard then its payed for itself, only thing that is queer is the choke lever ,on is actually off ,must be a chinese thing :msp_confused:

obligatory pictures
attachment.php

attachment.php

ok peeps, 3f motor in the cruiser running a 55A alt. putting a 110A alt on her. the original has a main charge lead and three leads to the plug, a black with yellow strip, a heavy white and an even heavier white. the new alt. has main lead, a small lead with stripe and a heavier lead to the plug. any clues on hooking this up? not real clued up on wiring, could nut it out eventually but you lot seem to know your stuff, make it easy on a bloke huh? so to clarify, main and three on original, main and two on new one.
guessing its external rectifier originally. not too keen on getting in there too much, the loom's pretty flimsy, dont wanna disturb too much at the mo! , thats the next job, just need to get her back charging for now. ta in advance!

Some pics would be handy Is the new alt internal or external regulated?

Last edited:
all fasteners were tight and fitted straight up,poured the fuel in ,primed the carb ,three pulls and away it went,runs like a top ,
no tuning required,i guess only time will tell how it holds up ,but if I get all my postholes done around the yard then its payed for itself, only thing that is queer is the choke lever ,on is actually off ,must be a chinese thing :msp_confused:

obligatory pictures
attachment.php

attachment.php

Just don't get your hip/pelvis in the way because if it bites all those stampeding Chinese torques will let loose, the non existent safety clutch won't kick in, and you'll cop a good hit :D
A mate of mine bought the same one and the choke jammed shut in the first tank. I fixed it ip for him and it's been running fine ever since.

Just don't get your hip/pelvis in the way because if it bites all those stampeding Chinese torques will let loose, the non existent safety clutch won't kick in, and you'll cop a good hit :D
A mate of mine bought the same one and the choke jammed shut in the first tank. I fixed it ip for him and it's been running fine ever since.

:laugh:been lifted and thrown before with better bigger units,never a good experience
14.5 mm rain last night ,blowing its arseoff now,blew that hard last night I woke to find the stock crate has been blown onto the ground,not sure how i'm gonna get it back on its feet

Last edited:

obligatory pictures
attachment.php

attachment.php

If you put a T on the end of its name you can call it that if it dont start.:hmm3grin2orange:

Thought you guys might like this.

[video=youtube;HG_wfMK7dko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG_wfMK7dko[/video]

Back