the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so last week they killed off my fav radio station ffs 1377 twas decent 60, 70, 80 classic rock,, I sooked to the billy lids and they said dad we'll sort your phone app for spotify,, its great,, i can tailor my tunes to my likes and no adverts or tish disc jocks..

here psycho country punk tune i tripped over this week,, ssure not for all taste but share with ya mob anyhoo

well that was some fun, my dad day gift. dear wife was in that plane me in the other.. Trainer chap let me do most of the stick and rudder controls only need about 15hours or $5k to get to solo not sure if i have the passion yeah its fun but so is lots a cheaper easier things..

thumbnail_IMG_20180901_154825.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20180901_155822.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20180901_161224.jpg

Where's me kiwi mate kiwi bro must be still playing with his new mill. No need for fancy pickem up trucks around here
Howzit M2.
Been flat out like a lizard drinking, on a reno job in Auckland, only making it back home Saturday nights. Barely enough time to do the laundry let alone mill anything before heading back into the concrete jungle for another 6 day stretch of dealing with fake people who more often than not it would seem don't give a **** about anyone but themselves.

On the plus side, I had saved enough $ to buy a square grinder from USA. On the arrrrrgh side, the ute was getting sketchy to start if the flywheel stopped on one of the two spots with poked teeth on the ring gear and I got sick of rocking it in gear hoping to find something that would grab. So, that consumed all my grinder funds and I'm back to zero on that front.

Itching to run some chainsaws. Been too long.

Howdy 2T. Good bunch in here.

And happy Fathers Day, ya rooters.

Cheers mate kiwibro yea definitely a nice place to be aussies speak the same and are into the same things with the same way of life and very laid back attitude and have the pottyest of mouths too haha a very good bunch of kunts and rooters indeed:) what sorta mill you got mate?

got myself a new work ute last week the old Ford Ranger lasted 4+ years 90K but the gear box was suspect so workshop moved it on. The new office on wheels a Isuzu dmax crew cab much the same as Ranger but better in many minor ways..

Better donk, better cab features, nicer to drive bigger fuel tank.. the gizzmo tech works without fuss
Cons not much,, got old style key and the jocky door dont like soft closing needs a slam

The new hazard light rig has alley side LED floods illuminate a paddock so night time storm trees on road be less troublesome
thumbnail_IMG_20180902_113349.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20180902_112447.jpg

Jesus h Christ the seppos take there sharpening serious. I started reading all the sharpening threads because my chain needed sharpening every tank or two. I thought that was doing something wrong but after a lot cutting our messmate,vic ash,ironbark,blue gum,black wattle and all the other bushwood we have down here it seems like im doing all right.
But after reading the threads I felt like I should give up hand sharpening on the back of the ute using one hand to hold the saw and the other to sharpen as it does not give you a hope in hell to cut any wood little known aussie hardwood. If I had read these threads before ever attempting to hand sharpen I would have been lost and probably spent a fortune on new chains or a mechanical sharpening system.

got myself a new work ute last week the old Ford Ranger lasted 4+ years 90K but the gear box was suspect so workshop moved it on. The new office on wheels a Isuzu dmax crew cab much the same as Ranger but better in many minor ways..

Better donk, better cab features, nicer to drive bigger fuel tank.. the gizzmo tech works without fuss
Cons not much,, got old style key and the jocky door dont like soft closing needs a slam

The new hazard light rig has alley side LED floods illuminate a paddock so night time storm trees on road be less troublesome
View attachment 672266

View attachment 672267

Ford rangers have had dodgy gearboxes since forever had a mate blow two in a couple years towing a the odd trailer around then... it popped the head a real goody poor bugger.

Tony what the hell are seppos? Pharkin funny though. If ya want ta watch a few good sharpening vids old buckin billys pritty good no guides no nothing apart from rakers but yea he shows it doesnt matter if your cutters are odd ball lengths and generaly shows up those clowns. He runs a 28inch on a 10-10 haha. But man with a good chain he gets them houling threw wood. Aint no blue gum tho.

what sorta mill you got mate?
An older Lucas Mill. It'll have to do until at least the end of Summer. Hoping to mill enough to save some $ for a better model or build my own.

Except dorklanders its like some other f#ing country there and its full of them or some other breed that came from some other place hahaha hope they dont spread too far
Sure is a different world there. I lived there for nearly 20 years but got out over a decade ago and can't say I love being back there. Pockets of good buggers but so many shallow gits and it's a **** of a place to get around too.

the gizzmo tech works without fuss
My ute will be lucky to make it to the end of Summer. But what to replace it with? Was just thinking earlier today how there seems to be no such thing as a simple, low-tech but dead nuts reliable, cheap 4wd ute these days. They've all got electronic **** I don't need nor want and certainly don't want to be paying for. Who the **** needs a backing camera or cruise control in a ute in NZ?

Jesus h Christ the seppos take there sharpening serious.
Straight gassed a saw but managed to catch the error before it was completely toasted. Had jobs to finish and it still ran but down on compression, so I kept running it until got through the jobs. Best thing I ever did for my chain sharpenign was to keep using that now gutless saw. Chain had to be spot on to not bog down the saw. That said, I hardly hand file these days, preferring to hit a bunch of 'em on a grinder after hours. We get just enough softer woods here to make a square grinder worth it, me thinks, but I never quite seem to get enough $ together for one. The way I see it, I seldom drink so the $ I save not pissing it up against a wall, I'll blow on my hobby/OCD of figuring out how to get better or longer lasting chains.

Cant figure out the multi quote thingy yet but yea any way cool man got a joiner mate whose wanting to get into it n building a mill seems like the go really. There fairly simple engineering wise.

Utes these days are gone check out the hooks for tying stuff on a newish ute now. Another bro of mine has a 2010 colerado so yea spose its old any way but hes had to blow neer 4 k in stuped ecu updates n sensors n crap it kept throwing check engine lights n stuff n leaving him stranded. The dealer has takin him for a ride ofcourse and its way out of waranty. sooo yea a dirty old 90s what ever you want is a far better machine for what a ute needs to be. They have heaters and radios and spongy seats and even have windscreens to hide behind too haha.

Whats crackin kitties? Who let another kiwi in, one was bad enough, [emoji23] just joking kiwibro [emoji6] welcome jethro and tony, mostly a good bunch of blokes here. I haven't chimed in for a while, been flat out. Hope everyone's doing well!

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Back