the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good. You guys still locked down or back to normal? I read a report today on a study done where about 75% of Aussies think China's full of **** when it comes to this kung flu pandemic. I was shocked it wasn't higher.
Hey kiwi
Most of us never stopped, business as usual really.
Wouldn't believe a word that came out of the bat eating Kuntz mouths!

yeah thats disappointing guess i need to sort this & chuck a banana in the box

ha i was sooking cuz thought i been dudded by this gear box reco,, today before i called the poor chap who did the job i worked out its been a whole year and half and 15k clicks & not 6 months and 5000 clicks... truly missed any warranty by a whole year+ ffs where that year go i was wondering.. I still called to follow up he reckons swap out oil for castrol VMX it might smooth out the crunch when going back to third.

ha i was sooking cuz thought i been dudded by this gear box reco,, today before i called the poor chap who did the job i worked out its been a whole year and half and 15k clicks & not 6 months and 5000 clicks... truly missed any warranty by a whole year+ ffs where that year go i was wondering.. I still called to follow up he reckons swap out oil for castrol VMX it might smooth out the crunch when going back to third.
I've tried a few different oils including vmx and still no luck. Currently running motul gear 300 on Ricks advice and it's the best by far but still crunches changing up into second once it's had a good run. At $50 a litre it ain't cheap either. I have no idea what the answer is short of putting a turbo 350 in it, haha.

I've tried a few different oils including vmx and still no luck. Currently running motul gear 300 on Ricks advice and it's the best by far but still crunches changing up into second once it's had a good run. At $50 a litre it ain't cheap either. I have no idea what the answer is short of putting a turbo 350 in it, haha.

I did some work on a mates Landcruiser, was a high kay box, crunched and slow to shift. Put in VMX-M and 500ml of 80/90 gear oil and transformed once warm, no crunch and you could hustle it through the gears. Did another 30K before the engine gave out.

Hey kiwi
Most of us never stopped, business as usual really.
Wouldn't believe a word that came out of the bat eating Kuntz mouths!
Wow. I think you guys handled it better than us. Here, it was "in two days time we are locking the whole country down" and 48hrs of chaos ensued.
Yeh not many think much of them and I think there will be sort of change when it comes to people buying products made there that’s for sure
I was always a bit apprehensive but now am quite hard-line about it. I'll pay more if I have to for a non-CCP option. Have been using E&S .325 full chisel on my 261, trying to wear out the bar it came with before swapping over to 3/8. That E&S .325 is right up there with the best chains I have used. It's also about half the cost of other good quality chain. But I won't be buying more.

Not sure jack boot Jacinda allowed that
It's a hard road trying to please evryone all the time. I think her knee-jerk gun laws after the Christchurch killings was nucking futs. But, deep down, I think horse face is a good egg. We could do a lot worse.

yeah VMX is a start, might help with shifting, but if its not changing smooth, its a mechanical reason for that, something should have been swapped out when rebuilding and it was either overlooked, or they thought they could get away with it till xxxx kms done before it started causing issues.
normal issues is 2nd downshift that crunches, and stiff on the upshift.

Hi chaps, im a new guy here :)

Wow. I think you guys handled it better than us. Here, it was "in two days time we are locking the whole country down" and 48hrs of chaos ensued.

I was always a bit apprehensive but now am quite hard-line about it. I'll pay more if I have to for a non-CCP option. Have been using E&S .325 full chisel on my 261, trying to wear out the bar it came with before swapping over to 3/8. That E&S .325 is right up there with the best chains I have used. It's also about half the cost of other good quality chain. But I won't be buying more.

Stopped buying food with product of newzealand on it just rebadged China **** no thanks

Stopped buying food with product of newzealand on it just rebadged China **** no thanks
Even true Made in NZ product needs to be researched to make sure the owners are actually Kiwis living in NZ, rather than vertically integrated Chinese owned. At least one, maybe two, generations of either greedy or desperate but utterly clueless nevertheless Kiwis sold out not just farms but processing facilities, export companies, shipping companies, etc to the CCP printing presses. The profits just roll offshore and the next generations of Kiwis wonder why the burden of keeping the domestic economy afloat is getting harder each year.

Much like a billion dollars in bank profits getting shipped across the ditch every year to Aus. Fark we are dickheads here mate. And when times get tough, no worries, we've always got our housing capital gains to fall back on. Gains that not only consign future generations to being tenants in their own country, but are fueled largely by foreign buy-ups. When the dust settles from the incoming recession, and the torrent of foreign buyers from around the world who have already strip mined their own countries and then got themselves or at least their money the fark out of dodge to property in NZ and Aus turns to a trickle, I hope every pucnh drunk wanker here who was happy about pricing out the next generations so long as they got the best price they could for their farms, houses, etc finds themselves abandoned in their old age. At that stage these property bubbles downunder will implode. Wish it would hurry the phuck up mate - there is a massive list of people I know I want to see burned by their greed, their contempt for future generations of kiwis, etc.

It's an unsustainable shitshow on so many levels. Mislabelled products or dodgy marketing, etc is but a small part of it.

Latest posts

Back