The beast is dead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckyblue

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i have posted on this tree a time or two some of you wanted video.well i got a few pics instead .the great Haywire Haywood,came to my house to day and slay the widow maker from hell and no one was killed or maimed in anyway,and i must give a big :rock: to Haywire Haywood for doing such a great job and helping out someone else out thanks.now here is a link or two http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/wildcatfan68/Picture562-1.jpg you can see all the pics i got from today which wasn't that good,but it is on the ground and that's all that matters ......thanks again Haywire Haywood:cheers:

Oh Lawd... you got me walking out on that thing, hoping it didn't roll. Wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. I figured the way it was pegged in the ground with the upper branches, it had a pretty wide stance. I did get to show Mike 43 ways to get a bar pinched... or was that one way 43 times. I forget.

Ian

Picture562-1.jpg

Didn't get any wood out of that thing (EAB quarantine zone and a lot of work bringing it up the hill) but I did get this out of it.... OUCH. --Ian

attachment.php

i still have the steak,and you did make it to first in line at the fish fry,and my count was 46:monkey:hope to have it all up the hill next weekend,and i wont let you forget the osage next trip......

I picked up my fishing license Sunday on the way back. Going to have to get my ultralight gear in order.

Ian

cool i went on my way home today,didnt catch anything think the water is to cold to be hitting that good yet,but bring it with you next time you come up and we will hit the creek at the bridge there just after logana,thats the creek we will walk this summer.think i will get some wedges to split them big rounds think they will work or should i use a saw??

I'd noodle them down... If that's elm, they're liable to be a real pain to split.

Ian

Nice pile of BTU's ya got there!:clap::clap:

Looking at all that brush in the top is making my back ache though.:censored:

Nice work!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

How terrible is the EAB down there? Staying ahead of it, or is going gangbusters like it is round these parts?

I really don't know. Only thing I know is I basically can't bring firewood south. our counties are on the border of the quarantine area. I'm on the south side and Mike is on the north side.

Ian

Back