The "Bees" stole the wood!!! Advice needed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there a buddy got stung 36 times I got 28 times at least that was the number of welts that our wives counted on us a couple of years ago we went out to set up some tree stands just finished the first one up and was picking our stuff getting ready to head to the trucks and all of a sudden we heard this weird buzzing sound and looked down towards the noise and seen them things coming for us we started to run back to my truck they were all over us by the time we got to the truck we only had a handful on us got in and drove down to the other side of the woods got out and finished getting the last few off of us those thing were mean we just stood there for a few minutes talking about how we have never seen anything like that so we decide to put the next one up everything goes good so we decide to head out to the next spot everything seems to be going good I am up in the stand checking everything out when I thought I heard that noise again I am like it can't be true I look down and see them againg coming out of the ground I jumped down and we ran out again getting stung hoped in my truck drove over to his truck so we head home trying to figure out how we were going to use them stands so the next morning he stops by and said I have an idea so head out there with him and we get out of the truck he pulls out five cans of wasp killer he goes we just got to spray it down there hole so we head out there find the hole there nest is in start spraying it in there well guess what they have a sec hole well there we are running out spray wasp killer everywhere only got stung a couple of times this round so we decide not to hunt out there till it was close to freezing we laugh about that all the time now but we're always thinking about it everytime we go out there haven't seen them lately

HOLY SMOKES!!! Not good!

your lucky we had a city worker die 2 weeks ago cutting a tree he hit a yellow jacket nest 150+ bee stings they could not save him 47 years old

your lucky we had a city worker die 2 weeks ago cutting a tree he hit a yellow jacket nest 150+ bee stings they could not save him 47 years old

I know I got lucky with so few "getting me", it's amazing how many people get killed world wide every year by bees/wasps/hornets!! I wonder if this worker was in the tree?? If so, he certainly could not escape the angry wasps.

Not good.

Simple way to take a ground nest out in one shot is to pour a coke bottle full of diesel fuel down the entrance hole after dark and kick alittle dirt over the entrance. The fumes take good care of them. Guarentee they will be history.

Only difference, I use gasoline and don't light it, just let the fumes get 'em.

i pulled a good one by using black powder in a yellow jacket nest that situated its self in a hollow stump man was that good! :D

i pulled a good one by using black powder in a yellow jacket nest that situated its self in a hollow stump man was that good! :D

Did that re-distribute them quickly over a wider area, or was the over pressure too much for them to bear??

I know I got lucky with so few "getting me", it's amazing how many people get killed world wide every year by bees/wasps/hornets!! I wonder if this worker was in the tree?? If so, he certainly could not escape the angry wasps.

Not good.
yes

Wait till dark and just pour less than a 1/2 cup gasoline in the hole. Stomp on the entrance to keep the fumes in. Kills them almost always overnight.

This won't help the OP due to his foes being in the ground, but when I come across a yellow-jacket nest in a tree I use a shotgun with a #8 shotshell. Gets rid of the nest and usually all but 1 or 2 of the wasps immediately. And the remaining few will leave in an hour or so.

This won't help the OP due to his foes being in the ground, but when I come across a yellow-jacket nest in a tree I use a shotgun with a #8 shotshell. Gets rid of the nest and usually all but 1 or 2 of the wasps immediately. And the remaining few will leave in an hour or so.

PLUS, it sounds like a fun way to seek revenge!! I like shotguns!

I discovered a ground nest next to my house that I didn't know about - a skunk or raccoon had dug it up for food one night. All that was left was the hole and a few small pieces of the hive.

Not sure what's worse: wasps, skunks or raccoons??

Back