Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 038 AV Magnum 2 manual

Hi,

I am new to this site and have lurked in the background reading for a few weeks. Lots of good stuff here.

I have an old Stihl 038 AV Magnum II. Bought it new when I was younger and have cut tons of firewood with it. The muffer finally blew out and a few of the AV mounts need replaced. I was wanting to get a shop manual before tearing too deep into the saw.

Any advice on where to find a manual. Also good places for parts.

Looking at making it my backup saw and buying a new Stihl 440. (Heard the 441 had a few problems) The 440 is still available on order. Might try to find a used one since I only cut for fun anymore. Lots of beetle kill in the Medicine Bow.

I like to have some power and always run a 24 inch bar so I don't bend over much.

Might cross over to the dark side and look at Husky. Heard good things, but always owned Stihls.

long shot but

looking for a service manual for fs110 four mix motors. I need servicing and ignition info

Last edited:
Request Stihl 028 Service Manual

Hi,
I'm a long time member and could sure use a Stihl 028 service manual and parts list.

TIA!!

Back