The best Mini?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rented one and my first thought was what if you tripped walking backwards and accidentally ran yourself over with that MOFO could that happen ?

Gehl dealers are all over the US, MT is the one that broke the guys ankle,
don't walk behind when you can ride.
That ramrod 900T is a solid great machine I have had several, Both Thomas and Finn copied that model. The 427W Boxer kicks its azz though, 3 year warranty less money than the Vermeer

I'll say it again it is absolutely Financially Stupid to pay men to hump brush and logs. Any Mini for forwarding is going to change your Biz for the better in many ways. :deadhorse:

I kinda feel like you guys argue over Nickels and Dimes, All the specs are close. Buy one in your budget range and don't look back.
Picture is the smallest mini I have ever used (16hp) 24" wide it was pretty cool. wish I would have adapted a grapple to one

Even the smallest mini will lift more than one ground man and move it faster.
Someone who has never used a mini loader on a job will not understand or appreciate just how fast the brush gets moved compared to manual labor.

That new Gehl 140 loader looks good. Only slightly bigger than the AL20DX.

I've had my eye on a boxer for a couple years now and mostly because of the lift it has as opposed to the others. There is a local dealer nearby. The money is the biggest issue. If I could keep it running all the time, no problem but to see it sit would kill me. Need to put out feelers for additional work considering the attachments. Loacl guy has one and i'm going to inquire to him if he likes it and if it is working out for him. He's seasonal and has one so it couldn't be too bad to afford.

Their is a toro425 for sale near me its looks a few years old and has little over 2000hrs on the gas motor is this alot of hours for this machine. How much would be a good price for this unit and how much should I plan on putting into it for repairs? The outside of the unit looks like it was keeped in decent condition but I have yet to hear it run.

Their is a toro425 for sale near me its looks a few years old and has little over 2000hrs on the gas motor is this alot of hours for this machine. How much would be a good price for this unit and how much should I plan on putting into it for repairs? The outside of the unit looks like it was keeped in decent condition but I have yet to hear it run.

2000 hrs is exceptional for a gas eng, definitely a mature eng and machine. Take the attachment off, raise the arm belly level and shake the mounting plate to ck all your connecting pins for slop. You can guess the track will be similar condition. figure at least $1500 for an eng replace, keep an 1-2 grand for possible Hyd issues and track systems.
I would say maybe 2~3.5 grand for the machine tops. what work has been done to it?

good luck Dave

The first Vermeers that came out had serious Hyd issues, which has since been remedied.
frick . . . . the problem is I don't know what year that was, or serial #s involved.

Other than that discouraging piece of early history, hell of a buy at 2grand,
real good value at 6 to 8 grand

For sale in trading post:

2009 Boxer 532dx with only 40 hours if anyone interested. See attached photo. New custom grapple available also (similar to one in photo but better).

You can call me for more info or pm me.

Scott 605-228-9350

For sale in trading post:

2009 Boxer 532dx with only 40 hours if anyone interested. See attached photo. New custom grapple available also (similar to one in photo but better).

You can call me for more info or pm me.

Scott 605-228-9350

Selling it to buy a Dingo...JK ....:)

Back