The big blow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to take a walk around the property and see what new pickings momma nature has provided.
I'm in an airport heading home but my wife said she heard stuff coming down last night. I'll be out doing the survey too.

More chainsaw work. Nothing of any size but I will harvest and burn it.

Blowdown1_zps452aefc7.jpg

Blowdown2_zps04eb8f64.jpg

Blowdown3_zps5b952dba.jpg

Blowdown4_zps87ba6f0a.jpg

Blowdown5_zps28b28867.jpg

Blowdown6_zps78c91411.jpg

I've got a few busted smaller Sassafras along my driveway, but I haven't walked the woods yet so there's still hope for more. I've always liked storms/high winds as awesome displays of natures power. Now I like them for the work they can save me.

The PA Suck-O-Meter must have been pegged when I was out doing the survey. It was a bone chilling wind. I only walked a small piece of the property because my wood buddy wanted to go back and lay in front of the fireplace.

That wind your feeling isn't cause PA sucks. That's the tail wind draft from people racing down here to get out of NY while they still have a few bucks in their wallet and their guns unconfiscated.:rock::msp_biggrin:

i cannot, for the life of me, figure how anyone from ny or nj figures pennsylvania sucks. All you have to do is see the traffic mess every morning and night on rt.80 coming into and out of nj. Most of those "commuters" used to live" in ny and nj. Whats that tell you.........i evacuated nj 30 years ago. Now it is purely painful every year when i go there to visit relatives. Having been born in pa., i have no idea how you even think for a second that pa sucks...............just sayin', now carry on. Lol!!!!!!!!

bingo!!

If a bordering state gave me some firewood to cut I would be happy:confused:. I happen to love Pa. I've been all around and there's nothing like home in Pa. I bet everybody likes home no matter what state. So quit your bit##in

I have to admit, I do like it here in Georgia. But I loved my time in Alabama too. But I've been in Georgia longer than Alabama so I'm here now.

That wind your feeling isn't cause PA sucks. That's the tail wind draft from people racing down here to get out of NY while they still have a few bucks in their wallet and their guns unconfiscated.:rock::msp_biggrin:

I feel sorry for the country folk in NY that have to follow the new law passed by Comrade Cuomo. Pretty as the Adirondack and Catskills portions of NY are you couldn't pay me enough to live there.

More and more of us are increasingly disillusioned with the pinheads in Albany and the influence NY City has on politics. Compounding all is the fact they lie to the populous about policy before they are elected to office and very few people seem to care. The pending revolution will sort everything out.

I feel sorry for the country folk in NY that have to follow the new law passed by Comrade Cuomo. Pretty as the Adirondack and Catskills portions of NY are you couldn't pay me enough to live there.

True in a lot of states.

Rural people are forced to pay for the inner city freebies.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure how ANYONE from NY or NJ figures Pennsylvania sucks. All you have to do is see the traffic mess every morning and night on Rt.80 coming into and out of NJ. Most of those "commuters" USED TO LIVE" in NY and NJ. Whats that tell you.........I evacuated NJ 30 years ago. Now it is purely painful every year when I go there to visit relatives. Having been born in Pa., I have no idea how you even think for a second that Pa sucks...............just sayin', now carry on. LOL!!!!!!!!

Ah... NJ where you get in for free but have to pay to get out...That wind you feel is the suction from the giant hopper in NJ flushing trying to keep people there. :taped:

Well, I've had my coffee and the stoves are cranking, so I guess it's time to go see what might have come down!

EDIT: Well, I still have a couple of acres to check but so far nothing new down. That's alright, there is still so much down I've got more than enough work to do. With the leaves off I can really see just how much damage the woods have taken these last few years, what wit the storms and the ashes dying from ash yellows. I'd be happy for a few years of recovery, but I don't think we're going to get that.

Last edited:
Here in NY we have experienced Reverse Suckage. The wind was blowing south toward PA and I asserted PA sucks as the main reason. Now it is blowing north directly toward Albany. Must be the politician influence, maybe the State Legislators are in session in Albany. That would explain how the localized, politically influenced suckage factor overcame suckage from an entire state.

Back