The big stuff is no longer off limits! 41" bar is here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
Reaction score
Finally got around to buying a big bar for my 088. Haven't ran it since I rebuilt it since the 25" B&C that's on it now is wore out and won't cut straight.

So, here's a full 41 inches of bar, chain should be here Tuesday. Won't be passing up the great big stuff for firewood anymore! :rock:

Mega nice! Running Josh's masterminded 084 with "just" a 36 on it was like "go ahead, bring on the monstah trees"! I honestly think you could stick several more feet on those bars..then go lift weights and eat your wheaties to pick it up and cut with it!

Holy crap. Honestly I could not imagine coming across a tree that needs that big of a saw and bar.

I hope you are really really tall! Even with my 28" bar on the Jonny 920 Super I find it way too easy to hit the ground when done with a cut. Just sayin'...

Ted

I hope you are really really tall! Even with my 28" bar on the Jonny 920 Super I find it way too easy to hit the ground when done with a cut. Just sayin'...

Ted

Too funny, too true! I can't carry my echo with the 36" bar one handed. Not that it is too heavy, but I am so short, and that length bar makes it nose heavy, so the bar drags! I have to tote it around two handed.

Big fun to run though and what a difference felling and bucking the trunks on larger trees.

I have never run one, but picked up a husky 3120 with a 60" bar at the shop once...geezz loweezzzz

The saw sits level on the powerhead base with just the 41" bar on it. Once I throw the chain on it I'm sure it will make it a bit more front heavy and won't sit level on the ground.

I ordered Stihl RMF chain, which is Rapid Micro full-skip. Good for dirty wood which is what I want as I'm cutting only firewood. .404, .063" I wanted 3/8" but can't find full skip round ground. Maybe it's just me?

Last edited:
Not much around my neck of the country that can't be taken care of with a 41". On you're side of the country, on the other hand, it will barely limb out a top. :msp_thumbup:

ETA: I was going to buy a 48" but I bought the 41" brand new for less than 1/4 of the price of a brand new 48".

Last edited:
This thread needs a photo. Nice saw. :D

262713d1353198133-uploadfromtaptalk1353284482707-jpg

Latest posts

Back