The day my life changed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with the 450 it cuts great. I'm assuming the yellow stihl chain was the major difference in cutting. I think I still had an Oregon safety chain on the husky from home depot. The oiler blew up on the husky and I was going through chains like crazy so I wasn't spending a ton of money on chains until I finally found out what was wrong with the oiler. I fixed that right around the time I bought the 290. I run semi chisel non safety on it now with an adjustable oiler. It's a solid saw now. Since I rebuilt the stihl I don't run the husky much. I usually let the person helping my use it because it cuts pretty much anything I would let them cut.
Could be the chain, I like them as I said, good little saws. I've cut a lot of wood with farm ranch saws, they get it done just fine for firewood and are all most ever need for a few cords a year, but that's not what guys want to hear lol.

Could be the chain, I like them as I said, good little saws. I've cut a lot of wood with farm ranch saws, they get it done just fine for firewood and are all most ever need for a few cords a year, but that's not what guys want to hear lol.

I would love a few pro saws but I don't see the need at this point in my life. These farm and ranch saws seem to do everything I need them to do and are well built. What good is a ms440 of I'm still splitting all my wood with an axe lol.

I would love a few pro saws but I don't see the need at this point in my life. These farm and ranch saws seem to do everything I need them to do and are well built. What good is a ms440 of I'm still splitting all my wood with an axe lol.
I agree, it should be ported to add the full experience lol.

I agree, it should be ported to add the full experience lol.

Don't tempt me. I'll be buying a ported 440 and still splitting by hand. I have some much cut wood waiting to be split but I'm only 1 man swinging an axe and stacking wood. Crazy how I would drop the money on a nice performing saw in a heart beat but I still won't buy a splitter.

Don't tempt me. I'll be buying a ported 440 and still splitting by hand. I have some much cut wood waiting to be split but I'm only 1 man swinging an axe and stacking wood. Crazy how I would drop the money on a nice performing saw in a heart beat but I still won't buy a splitter.
I'm not tempting anyone, having a ported 440 wouldn't be prudent, unless you could split/noodle wood with it :innocent:.
Right @dustinwilt68 :rock:.

That was some funny shat right ther.
I was thinking mabe a dolmar or something.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back