The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I yelled and grabbed the thing biting me but I never saw it. I have been stung by hornets before and even though I didn't see the little beastie it did not feel like any sort of bee. What ever it was, it was very small. Still hurts today... big time.
Scorpion?

Pfffffft! I got wedges older than you guys. Get up and get out there!

Good advice. Yesterday, I talked with a gentleman who will turn 90 this year. He kept telling me how young I am being 30 years behind him. As I have heard many times from others, he attributes his longevity to getting out there. He raises vegetables for sale; already has his cabbage sprouting in the greenhouse so he can transplant them when the time is right. Ron

My grandpa was still splitting firewood with a maul when he was 94. He always stayed busy outside with a full 1/4 acre garden and firewood mostly. He was a skidder operator (teamster) for a large timber outfit during the mid 20s until the Depression. During the depression he supported the family by chasing down coyotes for the $5 bounty behind some beagles. He did this on snowshoes. Some days he covered well over 30 miles. All the physical activity sure seemed to work for him.

My grandpa was still splitting firewood with a maul when he was 94. He always stayed busy outside with a full 1/4 acre garden and firewood mostly. He was a skidder operator (teamster) for a large timber outfit during the mid 20s until the Depression. During the depression he supported the family by chasing down coyotes for the $5 bounty behind some beagles. He did this on snowshoes. Some days he covered well over 30 miles. All the physical activity sure seemed to work for him.
You should ask Bob if your grandpa ever apprenticed under him

Mike and 2dogs, FWIW, I am a side sleeper and with two bad shoulders. The pain got worse at night and I could barely sleep until I discovered this past January that by stacking two pillows under my head instead of just one the night pains slowly decreased to the point where I had no trouble sleeping. Maybe this will work for you.

Thanks to recent rotator cuff and slapp surgery, I have been sleeping in a chair for the last 5 weeks. I am now out of the sling so I am going to try the bed tonight.

Ron

I was in the same place, I got lucky and the tear was so small it didn't need surgery. They could see the cyst from the leak, but not the tear itself.

I was using a big foam block to support my left arm, and lying on my right side. It was a good night when it woke me up, that meant I had actually gotten some sleep. People at work noticed immediately when I finally got into the orthopod and got cortisone, first good night of sleep I had in three months. I became less grumpy overnight!

Whiskey... doctors are expensive.

I did finally go to the doctor on Tues, wonky knee, headaches, wonka vision (sort of constant)... Didn't even bother mentioning the shoulder issues...

Though for the shoulder I too have found that 2 pillows or hugging one seems to help... still can't ****ing sleep though.

Back