The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many miles do the log trucks have from the landings to the mills. I know that changes with jobs and I don't live in an area with a logging industry but I assumed that would be considered local hauling. Anything in a hundred mile radius doesn't have to use e logs or engines that have a pre 2000 manufacturing date are also exempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many miles do the log trucks have from the landings to the mills. I know that changes with jobs and I don't live in an area with a logging industry but I assumed that would be considered local hauling. Anything in a hundred mile radius doesn't have to use e logs or engines that have a pre 2000 manufacturing date are also exempt.

I'm at 75 miles round trip and that's considered a short haul.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's good for you, but it doesn't explain how and why you get special dispensation from Federal Law which was my question.
Wow you're kind of a ********. You get three years from the time your state adopts the law. I don't know all the jargon just that we don't need to be compliant until '19. And I'm sure by then our boys in the timber lobby will figure out a way around it.

Kiss your mother with that mouth? 3 years doesn't match the implementation date either. Sence all the trucking news is saying 12/18/17 I'd like to understand why you're different. Maybe if you'd tell us where you live I could research it myself . You're obviously not capable of explaining it.

Wow you're kind of a ********. You get three years from the time your state adopts the law. I don't know all the jargon just that we don't need to be compliant until '19. And I'm sure by then our boys in the timber lobby will figure out a way around it.

Did you guys get the agricultural exemption? Logging is classed as " seasonal agricultural harvesting" in California and a whole different set of rules apply. The HOS for truckers, as long as you're running intra-state, have been increased providing you're running from the woods to the mill. They call it "hauling from point of harvest to first point of manufacture". Once the logs are sawn or chipped the usual HOS rules apply.
I don't know about an ag extention for the ELD but I'll check and see.

LOL...the timber lobbyists really had a brain storm with that idea.

Did you guys get the agricultural exemption? Logging is classed as " seasonal agricultural harvesting" in California and a whole different set of rules apply. The HOS for truckers, as long as you're running intra-state, have been increased providing you're running from the woods to the mill. They call it "hauling from point of harvest to first point of manufacture". Once the logs are sawn or chipped the usual HOS rules apply.

Oregon I know it's not considered an Agricultural use they sent a max number of years before harvest, my saving is the age of trucks a '96 & '97. Having said that though what's a 150 to 500 for the ELD when scales alone just cost us 3k for one truck I'd hate to have to buy a new truck, new gear, new electronics anymore a company we know just set up two new trucks a mule train 8 axle total and a 8 axle long logger with a new rack on it almost 700k that's nuts.

I may be wrong... Hel I probably am, but way i understand it if you are intrastate hauling you are exempt from log books here in wa, unless you travel more then 150 miles from home in a day, radius not actual miles.

but then you don't get to claim intrastate if your cargo is destined to leave the state, hence if you haul to the ports, or mills that ship outside the state, then you have to be classified interstate and jump through the bs of log books, and dot physicals every other year.

As far as electronic log books being required, I've heard rumors but nothing solid yet, bet yer ass that most of the loggers around here will eat the fine rather then spend money on electronic gizmo's that may or may not be compatible with their trucks. Or for that matter buy a new truck just to be compatible with a ridiculous law.

Anything older than 2000 on engines manufactured date is exempt from elogs. 96 and 97 I wouldn't worry about it. This has brought the value of older trucks up a bunch

Anything older than 2000 on engines manufactured date is exempt from elogs. 96 and 97 I wouldn't worry about it. This has brought the value of older trucks up a bunch

Till the state gets to be like California which is coming the governor has already said we will surpass Cali for emissions standards I wouldn't be surprised if Washington isn't far behind.

And that I wouldn't know anything about. Haven't driven in California in probably 15 years but I feel for you if they're wanting to get that bad

I may be wrong... Hel I probably am, but way i understand it if you are intrastate hauling you are exempt from log books here in wa, unless you travel more then 150 miles from home in a day, radius not actual miles.

but then you don't get to claim intrastate if your cargo is destined to leave the state, hence if you haul to the ports, or mills that ship outside the state, then you have to be classified interstate and jump through the bs of log books, and dot physicals every other year.

As far as electronic log books being required, I've heard rumors but nothing solid yet, bet yer ass that most of the loggers around here will eat the fine rather then spend money on electronic gizmo's that may or may not be compatible with their trucks. Or for that matter buy a new truck just to be compatible with a ridiculous law.

Your correct about intrastate and 150 air miles radius. You also need to be home every night. Those are the provisions I operate under. Saves DOT compliance audits in my state. Not so sure about the fine. Hours of service rules include an " out of service" penalty if you can't prove time in service. Being sidelined is costly, not to mention ramping up fines for subsequent violations. This is another reason for running pre 2000 model equipment.

Kiss your mother with that mouth? 3 years doesn't match the implementation date either. Sence all the trucking news is saying 12/18/17 I'd like to understand why you're different. Maybe if you'd tell us where you live I could research it myself . You're obviously not capable of explaining it.
Here ya go ****stick. You have one hell of a way to get around in the world.
Who the hell are you anyway?

IMG_20171222_163952.jpg

I know they're working that angle and I'm sure they'll figure it out. Just more fun to add to doing business.

$2k for not having the device in the truck.

Here ya go ****stick. You have one hell of a way to get around in the world.
Who the hell are you anyway?

View attachment 620274

I was looking for information. Period. So rather than say the grace period is only for those operating under the intrastate exemption you chose to use vulgar language and accusatory rhetoric. And I'm the jerk? You'd better take a long look in the mirror.

Back