The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the stuff that kinda resembles barbed wire, bout half inch wide, serrated, and twisted. I found some of that out in the woods once a long time ago. I can see how that would ruin your day! LOL
Tom? i didn't know you were here lol. stick around man. yea i didn't even see it......chain wasn't very old..........

Honestly, I kinda got burnt out on the internet last spring, and now that the cold weather has come back I am just now getting around to checking out the forums again......

We have a massive California storm system So far we have received 3/8" and just might get another 1/16 by the time the storm blows itself out. My lawns are wet and I had to use the windshield wipers! I think the drought is over.

I think there will be plenty of rain so we can share it with you. The next week says Rain for each day. We have 100% chance tomorrow. Does rain ever give 110%?
Snow is forecast for the mountains. Sounds like winter is going to happen.

We have a massive California storm system So far we have received 3/8" and just might get another 1/16 by the time the storm blows itself out. My lawns are wet and I had to use the windshield wipers! I think the drought is over.

You better call Moonbeam and let him know.

We have a pretty juicy storm coming in tomorrow, might get a couple inches.

As you can see by this map, our little corner is "abnormally dry"
http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA
LMAO!!!
I think Del Norte isn't really in California.

I was wondering how come is it snowing all day, since the weather guesser said it's zero % chance of it. As I took off I noticed everybody else's cars had no snow on them and I was the only whitey on line. It was the lake throwing me a private show.

Went to Costco today and spent $468.00 and all the stuff fit in the top basket. Yeah there was a bottle of tequila and a bottle of Bombay Saphire and a 3 gallon box of 15w-40 and a shower head but all the rest was food. $7,99/lb for tri-tip.

No crab? Gotta have crab.

Hey, I have a question for you. Why the hell do we keep answering those goofy "how do I fall this tree" posts? Some of the methods suggested by the weekend warriors are strange and some are just downright scary. We put in our two cents worth and it's mostly ignored or argued with. I think I''ll stay up here in F&L...it's saner here.

trying to save lifes maybe?

I guess. Some of the advice the wannabes give is well intended but basically clueless. And some of it is just downright damn dangerous.
Okay, it's a given that cutting down a tree isn't rocket science. You wail away at that sucker long enough with a saw and it will come down. Somewhere. But most people in this business know that safely falling a tree is different than just cutting hunks out of it until it gives up and falls over. We've learned by mistakes, ours and other's and we've learned from the examples and stories of our elders. When somebody with more scars and less fingers than we have tells us something we tend to listen. We listen because, if nothing else, we've learned that we damn well better listen. What we hear or what we see helps us survive. Usually.
I can nail a couple of 2x4s together but that doesn't make me a carpenter. I can take a welding machine and make a couple of pieces of metal stick together but that doesn't make me a welder. I can tie off a traumatic amputation or patch a sucking chest wound but that doesn't make me a doctor.
Guys that cut fifteen or twenty trees a year aren't loggers either. I think that a lot of times they've had close calls that they didn't even notice...or recognize. Most of the weekend warriors are long on theory but very short on experience despite how ever many years they claim to have cut trees.
I just wish they'd listen a little better when somebody who makes a living doing what they only play at tries to tell them something.
I know, I know...I'm probably asking way too much. :rolleyes:

That concludes our rant for today.

Back