The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll let y'all know when I get done kicking myself.

If that's the dumbest thing you do for a while you'e doing well. No need to 'top' this latest one. I'm an overachiever in that regard....:givebeer:

Shouldn't be too terribly expensive to make right. You'll have to patch the line and then evacuate and recharge the system. Did you tape over the hole for now to minimize moisture intrusion? How much did the original system charge cost? That'll give you a ballpark of what you're looking at. You coming down in November?

I just pulled the most colossally bone-headed move in I-don't-even-know-how-long. I severed the coolant line for my heat pump with the weed-whacker. In fairness, I had the whacker back there because there were ferns covering a full quarter of the hear transfer area, which was also why I didn't see the line. Gotta admit, though -- was pretty surprised that those stupid nylon blades could cut copper. All the refrigerant rushed out in about a minute while I stood there cursing my own stupidity. Got a feeling this will be a costly mistake. Ah, well, I doubt I'll make that mistake again.

Those nylon blades .... will take one hell of a beating and copper , especially K tubing is rather soft. I watched an A/C tech cut the stuff with a utility knife....

I didn't think it got that hot over there. at least I ain't the only one sweatin.

The coast isn't too bad but I'm working on the west slope of the Sierras. It gets plenty hot but the humidity is generally low so it's bearable.
Still, a couple of cold beverages stashed in the creek on the way in taste awful good on the way out.

got to fix a clutch cable and plug a tire on the wifey's Volvo while dodging quarter sized rain drops and lightning... good times... I really need a ####ing shop...

You gots lightning? None here so far. I was gone for 8 days and the grass grew. It has been too wet to cut it since I got back so we shall see if my little Sears mower can do it or not, if we ever get some dry weather.

It is kind of muggy out. I have been moving my firewood into the woodshed.

Pouring rain here again on the Northern side of the hill. Had high winds and lightning last night a whopping 61 degrees yesterday. Our winter creek is still running a healthy flow. Juneuary almost done.

And for todays fun I get to have a #%*# kidney stone blasted

Pouring rain here again on the Northern side of the hill. Had high winds and lightning last night a whopping 61 degrees yesterday. Our winter creek is still running a healthy flow. Juneuary almost done.

I think that tops my dentist visit yesterday. You win.

We are having sucker holes, which get my hopes up for dispatching the grass, but then it starts raining about the time I think about getting out the 090 weed whacker.

Hope everything passes well for you! I can remember my Dad suffering with kidney stones! He was a doctor, one day he was passing a stone and was literally shaking with pain...he asked me to shoot him up with Demerol...I was 12 I think and couldn't get a vein...I had to shoot it in the vein on top of his hand! I was scared to death that I was going to mess up....

Rain! Most unusual for this part of the country this time of the year.

Been rainin like hell this week and last. Awesome time to start a new landing with a ton of uphill skiddin. Been runnin the stroker a bunch too though. I didnt even kink a bar today

Been rainin like hell this week and last. Awesome time to start a new landing with a ton of uphill skiddin. Been runnin the stroker a bunch too though. I didnt even kink a bar today

I'm glad to see that you're on a stroker. You lose IQ points for every day you spend on a skidder...really, there's scientific studies and everything. :laugh:

Out doin residential work today...in the rain. We've worked in more rain lately than I remember in a while. I had that soggy wet thing goin on but I wasn't too cold, and had dried out by mid afternoon. The chipper went and jumped on the fritz for half an hour in the third quarter. Kind of took the wind (and the time) out of our sails, so after chippin a little tree felled last week, we ended the day sharpening saws at the barn. T put a new blade on the polesaw and got an old ghost of a saw fired and ready. And I moved the stump grinder to get a bobcat into the bay to fix a flat. Then pretty much just talked shop. I havn't really minded too awful much 'bout workin in the rain. Not lately anyway. I used to despise it, maybe that was a colder rain I'm thinkin of though. Soon, it will be HOT. I will think of this time then. And be reliving these wet early summer days while burning through the fire of August. :cheers:

Back