The "Dodge Intrepid" of chainsaws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, you are multi talented I see, I'll be dayumm. Still no soft southern accent so you play second fiddle to the great one, don't forget it,LOLOL

I'll be dayuuuum, the Master has finally arrived on the scene....Andreas told me I needed to hold the candle a tad higher while the US Stihl flag bearer is too lazy to post lately ...

I go sure, do I get a bigger discount now....and off he went....dangggg germans... tant no fun bargaining with em, LOLOL:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'll be dayuuuum, the Master has finally arrived on the scene....Andreas told me I needed to hold the candle a tad higher while the US Stihl flag bearer is too lazy to post lately ...

I go sure, do I get a bigger discount now....and off he went....dangggg germans... tant no fun bargaining with em, LOLOL:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Andreas is in full retirement, I'm only in semi,LOLOLOL

Yup once I gotcha on that big high cost pro saw I was done with ya, got ya money and tossed ya to the curb, hey wait a minute, your a salesman too, you know how it goes,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Andreas is in full retirement, I'm only in semi,LOLOLOL

Yup once I gotcha on that big high cost pro saw I was done with ya, got ya money and tossed ya to the curb, hey wait a minute, your a salesman too, you know how it goes,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

the good Lord will hold you accountable one day for ripping off your belgian friend like that....it has been recorded in that big black book of his :agree2:

On a side note, I may have to retire from AS soon also. I have taken on a new challenging job with a large german machine maker, as of Oct. 1st. Lots of travelling and a lot of catching up to do on the technical side. Saw work and collecting will drastically reduce for sure.

The point of this thread was not to bash the 290,310,390 or any other clam shell for that matter. Hell I think I have at least three(290's) in the garage right now! The point is the average Joe who uses a chainsaw twice a year who really think the 290 is a beast of a saw. What really gets me going is when they are in the middle of their "man killer" speech about their beast of a saw, I will interrupt them and ask "have you ever run a Poulan 655?" The usual response is "F@#$ a Pull-on I dont run them Wal-Mart saws, I only run Stihl MS290's." Then I think to myself "You Sir, are and F-ing Idiot!!!"

You sir are correct!

the good Lord will hold you accountable one day for ripping off your belgian friend like that....it has been recorded in that big black book of his :agree2:

On a side note, I may have to retire from AS soon also. I have taken on a new challenging job with a large german machine maker, as of Oct. 1st. Lots of travelling and a lot of catching up to do on the technical side. Saw work and collecting will drastically reduce for sure.

The good Lord sent me word saying good job my son, its not often anyone squeezes a penny out of Brother Belgian. I'm suppose to get 31 virgins after I die for making you cough up on that saw, I warned you, you told me you was good and I told you I was the best, pat me on the back ole boy,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'm with ya on the retirement. There is only so much to a chainsaw and the saw biz. I think everything that can be said has been said. Whats left is to pop in now and then, give a tip to man with a problem, see how things are and mosey on. I still read alot of the threads like always but the urge to chim in on all of them has went by the way side now. Maybe old age has caused the loss of interest or it could be the cold hard facts of there is more to life than a chainsaw, like sitting around looking handsome and drinking ta ta's, having the women lust after our manhood, oh what a life, hand me my ta ta ole boy, filler to the top:biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

a tank, to fill a gap in the market and blur the line between homeowner cr*p and the pro stuff..
think of the saws that are sitting in people's garages after one use. two years later they grab it to find out that it will not start so they trash it and go buy another one.

at $400 ,i doubt that.

German -> English translation issues

I may have to switch to Russian, the invectives lose nothing in translation.

Randy, Belgian, Tom,
I, um, have to point out that the original comment about "Wichser" refers to a very different activity than "washing". Do the Babelfish thing with wichsen = ? in English and see what you get.

Actually, maybe you all already get it and I am too thick to get your subtle senses of humor. Wouldn't be the first time I was the last one to "get it".

Randy, Belgian, Tom,
I, um, have to point out that the original comment about "Wichser" refers to a very different activity than "washing". Do the Babelfish thing with wichsen = ? in English and see what you get.

Actually, maybe you all already get it and I am too thick to get your subtle senses of humor. Wouldn't be the first time I was the last one to "get it".

heh heh

Instead of Dodge Intrepid, it seems around here the rotten egg of the car world is the "Pontiac Grand-Am". Terrible engines, terrible paint... so many girls think that they are "cute" and those cars kept a lot of shops around here in business replacing head gaskets, water pumps, and timing belts.
TFB

Instead of Dodge Intrepid, it seems around here the rotten egg of the car world is the "Pontiac Grand-Am". Terrible engines, terrible paint... so many girls think that they are "cute" and those cars kept a lot of shops around here in business replacing head gaskets, water pumps, and timing belts.
TFB

Or a Toyota, that accelerates all by itself and nobody seems to know why, and all the company can do is practice covering up and putting on commercials emphasizing safety and quality. I always take a second look every time I see one in my rear view mirror!

Back