The First MS261C To Arrive Will Be Ported For Free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you done any with the MS230-c? Just picked one up the other day and was thinking of things to maximize performance.

Have you done any with the MS230-c? Just picked one up the other day and was thinking of things to maximize performance.

No sir......but I did do a MS211 for WoodChuckr' a while back. He seemed to be most impressed with it. On any of the modular type saws that I don't increase compression on, we charge 150.00 for a full woods port with muffler mod and timing tweaks.

Just not enough room in the sig for everything. :laugh:

I just got off the phone with a member in KY.....a new in the box, un-started MS261C is on the way.

I almost did one of those "stage one mods" to the door of the dump with the bobcat while texting and loading this morning, doubt cutting fins in the door would make the truck faster but I can see where it might help my regular 261.

i just read that post properly randy and just deleted my post jeesh any one would think i was keen haha

Are you claiming that you will:

1. Remove the base gasket
2. Cut 3 slits in my muffler that won't allow me to run a spark screen
3. Grind my flywheel key in half
4. Trim the limiter tabs on my carb adjustment screws

All for $75? :confused:

nope if he grind's flywheel key in half you will lose about 14%

Only if it comes preassembled ...

Well......I spent a couple of years in trade school studying automotive tech. Then I worked as a mechanic on flat rate for awhile. But I didn't know squat about saws until I found this site.

Well, you sure do know a lot of stuff about saws, but Tom still says you're a "dumb arse".

Nope.

1. Removing the base gasket will make the squish too tight. I'd chuck the jug up in a lathe to trim it.

2. No. I just open the area under the factory deflector.

3. No again. The M'Tronic 261 Doesn't need timing advance.

4. Since the 261C don't have limiters I won't have to trim anything.

So......I'd mod your muffler and cut about .015 off the base of your cylinder for 75.00.

Oh......I'll start a new thread when the 261C comes. We can run this one right off the rails and over the cliff for all I give a ####. :laugh:

Nope.

1. Removing the base gasket will make the squish too tight. I'd chuck the jug up in a lathe to trim it.

2. No. I just open the area under the factory deflector.

3. No again. The M'Tronic 261 Doesn't need timing advance.

4. Since the 261C don't have limiters I won't have to trim anything.

So......I'd mod your muffler and cut about .015 off the base of your cylinder for 75.00.

Thanks for clarifying.

I was thinking less work would be less money, but I noticed not everyone thinks the same way. :D

Latest posts

Back