The First MS261C To Arrive Will Be Ported For Free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all for letting Brad post in my threads. Heck, even a little fuss ain't a bad thing. Brad has got several good points going for him, I ain't ever forgot that. The way he stepped in to help out Wiggs when he was hurt sent him way up on my chart. We have different ideas about things, and different approaches too. But not letting us post in the same threads may be doing more harm than good.
I don't have a problem with it but some post go way over the top.

I don't have a problem with it but some post go way over the top.

I'm gonna be good Rick. I sure wouldn't want to get myself banned before I get a chance to do a good solid comparison thread on the MS261 VS the MS261C.

I'll be doing both saws so we can see what is done on both step by step....

I'm gonna be good Rick. I sure wouldn't want to get myself banned before I get a chance to do a good solid comparison thread on the MS261 VS the MS261C.

I'll be doing both saws so we can see what is done on both step by step....

I cant wait for "brads"261c-m Vs "randys" 261c-m comparison :hmm3grin2orange::potstir:

I could care less about builder versus builder. I'd send my stuff to someone I trusted.

Trees don't know if a saw was .05 seconds faster through an 8"x8" piece of pine.

+1. Randy's been so good to me I couldnt dare think of sending my saws ANYWHERE else.:msp_thumbsup:

+1. Randy's been so good to me I couldnt dare think of sending my saws ANYWHERE else.:msp_thumbsup:

I have seen Randy do things that are above reproach. A while back he admitted on letting a boring bar get loose and he hurt a cylinder (I think a 562). No question, no excuses, no patching, he just ordered a new cylinder on his nickel and DID THE RIGHT THING........not near enough of that going around nowdays.....If'n I am paying for a port job it's going to cuddle lane.......

Last edited:
Id rather see a good Husqvarna thread........... say a 2100cd that needs to come home before my firewood season.:potstir::cheers:

Soon my friend....soon. Of course you know I won't start the thread until the saw is finished. Every time I start a thread before the saw is done, I end up with a thread in limbo.....just look at my 3120 thread....that saw is waiting on a carb....and a flywheel.....

I could care less about builder versus builder. I'd send my stuff to someone I trusted.

Trees don't know if a saw was .05 seconds faster through an 8"x8" piece of pine.

agreed the testing needs to be in wood 16" to 18" so we can get a decent time out of the saw

in such small wood a second don't mean #### to me.

after all most of us use the 261 for fire wood, thats why we get one coz they got balls :big_smile:

A BIG Thank you!

I just want to say I truly appreciate what Mastermind and ALL of the other saw builders have added to this site!!! Im sure I speak for many out there about how much we enjoy reading, learning and dreaming about this stuff!
It really says ALOT about MM and MANY other builders that share there knowledge, time and resources with us!

Like I said before I just signed up here but I have been reading alot of threads and looking at the classifieds everyday like clock work for well over a year now. Im glad I can chime in a bit.

Thanks guys!:cheers:

I just want to say I truly appreciate what Mastermind and ALL of the other saw builders have added to this site!!! Im sure I speak for many out there about how much we enjoy reading, learning and dreaming about this stuff!
It really says ALOT about MM and MANY other builders that share there knowledge, time and resources with us!

Like I said before I just signed up here but I have been reading alot of threads and looking at the classifieds everyday like clock work for well over a year now. Im glad I can chime in a bit.

Thanks guys!:cheers:

Well keep an eye out for me to start another thread on the MS261 and the MS261C. I'll go drop a large enough white pine, or poplar to make a 12" cant.....then we will do a stock, then muffler modded, the ported comparison. I don't know how it will end up, but I'll do my best to show how this new M-tronic version responds to my method of porting a stratified saw.

Back