The First MS261C To Arrive Will Be Ported For Free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's about time you did a thread on a stihl ,even if it's a kiddie sized one :msp_wink:

Randy, when you do the new thread, can you get a piece of wood that is similar in size to one that someone may actually need to split in order to use it for fire wood?

Testing a work saw in a race saw size cant just seems kind of silly and with all the variables that come into play attaching definitive percentages of gains seems like a shot in the dark, at best. A lot of the videos people put are youtube are fairly well edited, too. If somebody spends more time editing, to show the results they want, than they did doing the mods it tends to make them less believable, to me anyway.

You mind sharing some of that popcorn?

hell yes pull up a stump :givebeer:

I normally wouldn't put one saw ahead of the others.......but this time I will make an exception.

it'll be worth it :msp_sneaky:

Randy, when you do the new thread, can you get a piece of wood that is similar in size to one that someone may actually need to split in order to use it for fire wood?

i already covered that :msp_thumbup:

Testing a work saw in a race saw size cant just seems kind of silly and with all the variables that come into play attaching definitive percentages of gains seems like a shot in the dark, at best. A lot of the videos people put are youtube are fairly well edited, too. If somebody spends more time editing, to show the results they want, than they did doing the mods it tends to make them less believable, to me anyway.

Well the thread I was hoping for (and spent a considerable amount to fund) may already be a wash......

:too_sad:

Brad and I can barely communicate in PMs.....

He's already dictated terms and conditions that if I don't follow would invalidate all my tests. At least in his mind.....

He wants me to do a video stock, then with a muffler mod, then with .015 taken off the base, and then with the finished product.

I said that I would never just cut a jug .015 without doing a complete woods port, nor would I do a woods port without increasing compression. So why would I do that?

He's claiming a 24% increase in cut speed by only cutting the base.....with no other mods at all. I guess in that little piece of wood he used anything is possible, but I have a tough time believing it.

I reckon I'll have to do it just to see. Even though in my mind it's a total waste of my already limited time.

He's already dictated terms and conditions that if I don't follow would invalidate all my tests. At least in his mind.....

He wants me to do a video stock, then with a muffler mod, then with .015 taken off the base, and then with the finished product.

I said that I would never just cut a jug .015 without doing a complete woods port, nor would I do a woods port without increasing compression. So why would I do that?

He's claiming a 24% increase in cut speed by only cutting the base.....with no other mods at all. I guess in that little piece of wood he used anything is possible, but I have a tough time believing it.

I reckon I'll have to do it just to see. Even though in my mind it's a total waste of my already limited time.

Anything other than his way is already invalid in his mind. I'm willing to bet most people don't care what he thinks and would like to see as much of a build thread as you have time for.

People like him are the reason more of the builders don't do build threads. Nobody wants to put their hard work out there just for some yahoo to claim they should have done it differently and they could have gotten another .04% gain in a piece of rotten pine. Especially guys who do this for a living. It's like the guy from the bumper cars calling up a NASCAR crew chief and telling him how to fix his setup. :dizzy:

Anything other than his way is already invalid in his mind. I'm willing to bet most people don't care what he thinks and would like to see as much of a build thread as you have time for.

People like him are the reason more of the builders don't do build threads. Nobody wants to put their hard work out there just for some yahoo to claim they should have done it differently and they could have gotten another .04% gain in a piece of rotten pine. Especially guys who do this for a living. It's like the guy from the bumper cars calling up a NASCAR crew chief and telling him how to fix his setup. :dizzy:

Brad and his mind are a big part of this forum though......I'll be doing a video comparison including just cutting to base. I'll really like to see us all get along.

:popcorn:

i'm anxious to see the results. why .015? why not SET the squish as it should be? his saw may have needed .015, your's may need .025. i'm really afraid to say what i would like to because of the atmosphere of late. you just do your thang. jumping up and down and pitching hissy fits does not make one right. it only shows immaturity.

Last edited:
Back