The First MS261C To Arrive Will Be Ported For Free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather encourage everyone that has a question or any input to throw it out there Walt. I'll also be asking for any derogatory comments to be checked at the door though.

I welcome any feedback......good, bad, or indifferent. What I can't stand, is when someone asks a question, then when that question is answered, ignores that answer and just throws out their beliefs without dispensing with the matter that is on the table. Let's discuss rather than try to impose.....

I like to think I have a fair understanding of strato saws......and will share anything I've learned. I would also love to learn more.

I remember asking you questions about the strato stuff. You gave me enough information I figured out some issues some issues with porting them and why. I'm thankful for that help. You've understood how I operate from the get go. I ask questions to get pointed in the right direction so I can figure it out myself.

You told me about how adjusting strato ports if not done properly can lead to a couple scenarios.

Poor tuning examples: won't hold a tune going really rich or really lean.

My obvious discovery wasn't a secret but something simple that I never thought much about. The intake and strato ports have a relationship that translates into mixture and fuel burn. If you raise the strato ports without keeping that relationship you'll be blowing more air into the mixture which we all know means a leaner burn. If the intake is widened and the stratos aren't adjusted to the exact amount you've now caused more fuel and not the appropriate amount of air and now you have a pig rich saw.

Precision is crucial on these strato saws. I've found you can make gains if you're mindful of these thing's. Sometimes we all get a little crazy about grinding more materials than we need to.

I'll leave this with a quote that I was told when I started.

" It's not how much you take, it's where you take it from"

Crustless Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream

Ingredients
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut into 16ths
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 orange, juiced
Vanilla ice cream
Directions
In a medium heated skillet add the butter then add the apples. Cook for about 2 to 5 minutes then add the cinnamon, brown sugar and orange juice. Swirl the apples around to make sure they all get coated. Cook another 5 minutes until apples are soft and caramelize. Serve warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut into 16ths
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 orange, juiced
Vanilla ice cream
Directions
In a medium heated skillet add the butter then add the apples. Cook for about 2 to 5 minutes then add the cinnamon, brown sugar and orange juice. Swirl the apples around to make sure they all get coated. Cook another 5 minutes until apples are soft and caramelize. Serve warm with scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I see you got that hug. :rock:

That pie is making me hungry, hope the critters leave me enough apples for a pie, I had a hot dog from a street vendor today and now I'm paying the price in the form of a stomach ache. Hoping a fresh steak on the grill later will fix me up.

Someone wanted to sell stage one kits, the point was to do a bunch of kits up without having to measure each and every saw. More or less find a number that might not be ideal for every saw but one that would work with all. Sounds like the person just wants additional data points.

Got a link to where you read this kit idea?

sure, ill pm as to not derail this thread

This thread is in the ditch.......derail away. :laugh:

It was a link to Brad's offering of "Stage One" mods. I saw no mention of any sort of kit.

Thing is Randy, we are all here because we want to see what you do with it! Wanna see a 261GTi with monkey love

Hey B'Rad. You feel free to post in this or any of my threads. I've got the OK from the big wheels on that. :rock:

We'll figure this sucker out together.

Latest posts

Back