The Gypo's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
Well I downloaded MB's Videos he posted on his website the "All Alone" clip was nice I wish you had sound to these Butch. I feel you and John need a few more hours on the phone to get that figured out.

Now John what are we going to do about your site??

Butch's clip is 33mb so dial up users forget it. But the interesting thing about it is he has a smoke going the whole time. Check them out.

Ha! I had to walk 200 feet each way, to keep the whole field of view. I had the underbed already cut, and I was glad the 066 cranked on the first pull.:D

Didja notice how the tree collapsed on itself? I undercut the limbs so that would happen. I also had a stripper on the back of my shirt.

I would have sound if I had the next level camera. I just might get a real vidcam. The next ones I post will be smaller, but it makes such a dinky pic, it's hard to see treework that small. The dinky ones are ok for slicing logs, but treework requires you to be farther back for a good shot.

Nice job

My only comment ,is why did you make the falling cut 5 ft in the air?

Sweet!

I left that out on purpose, I wanted to see who noticed it. It was for a reason, and I know you can guess why. ;)

Didja D/L the Pine Pull? It was between a swimming pool, and a dog pen.

Yea, it was a new subdivision. A backhoe was gonna dig out the stump. A lotta times they want em taller, for the leverage.

I prefer to cut em lower.;)

tall stumps

A competent operator doesn't need a tall stump to remove it. Guys I work for want them as low as possible so that they dump out of the truck easier when being trucked away. I'll have to find your vid.

High cuts

About 20 yrs ago,we were asked to log out 5 acres of large hickory trees [24" to 30 "] nice.The owner said to leave 3 ft of stump,for his D7.Needless to say,he had one 'ell of a time getting the things out of the ground . Another example is a local farmer ,who let anybody,who wanted to ,cut from a 20 acre stand of huge white oaks.
,he was going to clear{greed and stupidity].They cut them so short, a D8 could not "pop" them.It took a Cat 945 excavator,and a tad bit of blasting powder.:rolleyes:

All the excavators I know want as much stump as possible to give them something to knock around.  They'd all want to take the tree down whole, if they could, 'cause that's the easiest on them and their equipment.

Glen

Well,allright,cap'n vidieo

Maybe,you should come down from the canopy of the trees.You are a very good camera type person .Some are blessed,or cursed,with the ability of the mechanics of the workings of the saw,or at least on this forum.You have shown,that you have a good line of commuication,to the masses ,in spite of the fact of you being a "skimmer",you got your stuff in one basket,GO FOR It.Oh,bye the way,the "skimmer"type stuff is only Bs,and why would'nt it be?

:D

Hey Al, being called a skimmer from a Real Submariner and no problem at all.;)

But, back to the website thang, do I need to buy a dedicated vidcam to take quality internet videos? Duh, I would guess yah, right?

And what about the size of the file problem? Do they always have to be dinky 'lil two inch vids?

I'm a learning boy...:blob2:

Originally posted by Gypo Logger
I once had the domain www.yukonjohn.com but let it slide, so I should get it back if it's still there and link mine to the Maverick climber Master Blaster.
John
yukonjohn.com is registered to:<blockquote><font face="fixed">shoppingmallatlanta
Thomas Mattingly
5543 Edmondson Pike, #180
Nashville, TN 37211
US
Phone: 615 210-1561
Email: [email protected]

Domain Name: YUKONJOHN.COM

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Created on..............: Sat, Jul 27, 2002
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Expires on..............: Thu, Jul 27, 2006
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Record last updated on..: Fri, Jul 16, 2004</font></blockquote>

But:<blockquote><font face="fixed">glen@dialup-4(2)~$ whois yukonjohn.ca
Domain:&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; yukonjohn.ca</font></blockquote>

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
There are three more vids posted at my site. Kinda large, not huge. It took me 5 min to DL the one called snagpull...:(
I just came from there and thought they were pretty cool. Bigger and with sound would be great but I know it is only a matter of time and you'll be there.:cool: As for the longer download time, the perfect solution is to minimize the page and do some reading here while you wait.

Here's a question that might get different answers from different people. In the vid "four at once" do you just use half hitches on the top three and a clove or running bowline on the first one (cut), using it's weight and the combined weight of the following branches, to keep the half hitches tight? Or would you spend the time giving each branch it's own knot and hope you estimated the amount of rope needed?(I wouldn't think so but that's why I'm asking.) I've down it with half hitches with crotches to catch them but am curious about conifer limbs.

I think with sound all you would hear would be chainsaws and chippers running.

I just use a simple overhand knot until the last limb, then it's a trusty bowline. And it does take a 'lil practice figuring out how much rope yur gonna use. ;)

It's funny how I never consider using an overhand knot for anything anymore when truth be told it still has it's place. Thanks for the tip. And by the way what's wrong with the sound of chainsaws and chippers running full blast? I find it quite soothing.;)

Back