The hard way to load logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vincem77

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found these pics earlier today.

5659873864_ce7b210df7_z.jpg

5659863020_b00a1d1dd8_z.jpg

5659873662_0cedda0462_z.jpg

They give up on the truck and switch to a U-Haul.

5688532863_ac3c022d26_z.jpg

5688532671_551307ceea_z.jpg

5688516109_78b346a890_z.jpg

5688515881_e0572aea29_z.jpg

5688515535_4f3dc3e5cc_z.jpg

Wonder how that would have milled....

into maybe an interesting grain pattern on a slab for a table. Would a big slab of wood with grain running in every direction not warp
or crack? I may have a few big trunk sections like that to try milling
later this year. I've got plenty of firewood these days, don't need no more.....

Not that Im the safest but wouldnt Osha love to see that. Shorts,sneakers and all those bricks and blocks.HAHA I would have noodled it.:msp_rolleyes:

something i just noticed

either these pics were taken over the course of 2 days, or the guy with the shaved head changed his whole outfit half way through the day, i can see changing the shirt if you get sweaty.. but if thats the case, why did he put on fancy little metrosexual plaid shorts?

if it was over the course of 2 days.. the guy with the hat on is wearing the same clothes as the day before

both equally weird

something i just noticed

either these pics were taken over the course of 2 days, or the guy with the shaved head changed his whole outfit half way through the day, i can see changing the shirt if you get sweaty.. but if thats the case, why did he put on fancy little metrosexual plaid shorts?

if it was over the course of 2 days.. the guy with the hat on is wearing the same clothes as the day before

both equally weird

Probably crapped his pants from all the heavy lifting:msp_smile:

something i just noticed

both equally weird

It looks like they both changed their clothes. I'll guess they came back with the trailer day two.

My Whopper

Here's the biggest and heaviest one I ever loaded:

GingkoLog1.jpg

The first branch of a huge gingko tree produced it. I dragged it on board using a winch and a ramp that I made. I'll never do it again. Should have noodled it in half.

Note that it bent the tailgate. I eventually fixed and reinforced that with angle iron. The tailgate on this Ranger is a bear to remove.

Here's the biggest and heaviest one I ever loaded:

GingkoLog1.jpg

The first branch of a huge gingko tree produced it. I dragged it on board using a winch and a ramp that I made. I'll never do it again. Should have noodled it in half.

Note that it bent the tailgate. I eventually fixed and reinforced that with angle iron. The tailgate on this Ranger is a bear to remove.

i love your file handles :msp_biggrin:

Experience, from having done it wrong....

A good strong "cant hook"......

Commonsense from having done it all wrong....

No jacks. Ever.

Good saws.....experience counts again....

Ten toes and ten fingers per person....from experience....

Great pics....

Back