The last of the breed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, not necessarily the last of the breed, but pretty close to it. NIB Echo CS-3400, $200 to my door from eBay.

I got this it to replace the Makita DCS330TH that I bought earlier this year for $164 and was not pleased with. The Makita sold on eBay for more than I paid for it, including my original shipping.

CS3400.jpg

If this CS-3400 is anywhere near as good a saw as its $90 Home Depot "refurbished" CS-3000 cousin has been, I'll be a happy man. They may not be the fastest climbing saws around, but there is just something about these little Echos that feels right to me. The CS-3000, pictured with the Makita:

Makita330TH_7.jpg

The are nice little saws. The cheapo plastic body parts can drive you nuts if your climbing with it. The exaust cover only lasts about a day. The air cleaner is a stupid design too, clogs up after about two cuts.
They do wake up and come to like with a simple muffler mod and carb adjustment. Echo motors are very well built.
Unlike Stihl and Husky climbing saws, you can fit a gloved hand around the rear handle.

Back