The Log Skidder in the Woodlot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Since the show must go on, I brought the 540A in to finish the job. It doesn't feel any pain if you drop a tree on it.
John
skidder.jpg

spacemule said:
What's the fuel consumption on that beast compared to the little orange splat?
With regard to work accomplished it's about the same between both piece of equipment, however since the skidder could produce more per hitch the skidder would be more efficient had I pulled two trees per hitch. It's about 50 cents per tree on the average.
John
skidder3.jpg

My calculations were incorrect. It's about 3$/tree when skidding single stems.
John

Last edited:
Whiteindustries said:
Anyone ever run a Quadractor?
I had two but never got a chance to bring them into the woods before I had to sell them.
Wow...now that's a funky machine. Looks like something my Labrador Retriever would drive!:)

PLAYINWOOD said:
john you just made another million...Here their paying more for slicer than rotary veneer????? BTW thats beautiful maple.little tiny heart just like me

Hi Jeff, yes a good log is like a log buyer, it has no heart. lol.
Anyway, I took the old skidder for a cruise today, in some ways it's more fun than the tractor. The tractors more versatile, but the skidder feels no pain.
John

Last edited:
Oh man,

No millions on this load, I see some sweep there?:laugh:

Hey John do you buy and sell on the Doyle scale?

Hi Steve, yup, gotta love that glorified firewood.
I sell on the Doyle but I buy on the 50/50 split. I get the bottom half of the tree and the farmer gets the top half.:popcorn:
John

Latest posts

Back