The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a da-211 parts rig that is not restorable?

I need a bunch of parts for my project saw that was locked up tight, but I got loosened up after a few months with ATF in the cylinder. The core of this saw is good, but it is missing a bunch of stuff.

PM with with what you have.
Thanks!

I need a rim-drive clutch drum for a 3400-4000 series Poulan.

Also need a rim-drive clutch drum for a 245/306 Poulan. Same part was also used on the 4200/5200 Countervibes.

Also need a flywheel for a 3-piece ignition equipped Homelite SXL-925.

Got things to trade...

Last edited:
I need a rim-drive clutch drum for a 3400-4000 series Poulan.

Also need a rim-drive clutch drum for a 245/306 Poulan. Same part was also used on the 4200/5200 Countervibes.

Also need a flywheel for a 3-piece ignition equipped Homelite SXL-925.

Got things to trade...

I have a used 3700 rim sprocket, and I have two new 245/306 with 3/8 or 404 rim sprocket. :)

Does anyone have a da-211 parts rig that is not restorable?

I need a bunch of parts for my project saw that was locked up tight, but I got loosened up after a few months with ATF in the cylinder. The core of this saw is good, but it is missing a bunch of stuff.

PM with with what you have.
Thanks!

I have few parts, What are you looking for?

Cliff and Carl,

You guys are life savers!!!!! I logged on here this AM, was going to beg for help and Carl was on the case. Thanks guys.

I've been on the phone with a bearing supplier. I think I can get new bearings all round on this ol' gal, but the bearing on the cover side at the end of the crank, has the numbers polished away. Was going to buy a blind hole bearing puller, to pull it and see if the numbers were on the other end. Guys have told be that the numbers should be on the driven side of the bearing. Don't want to chance a pull and wreck the bearing, but don't want to leave it in during the sandblast and paint part either.

Yep. Cliff and Carl are good people indeed.

Looks like I'm in need of yet another Poulan 3400-4000/PP375-395 series rim-drive clutch drum. Just got a Poulan Pro 375 saw, and it has a spur-drive drum that I want to replace with a rim-drive drum. Oregon 28187X is the current # for the rim-drive drum. 32790X is the old Oregon #. Poulan # 530048063 or 48063. PoulanPro #N230-11.

Have lots of old Poulan, Homelite, and Mac parts and bars to trade. Also some musty green paper.

I am looking for the following for a Homelite 7-29,
  • 72138: Cap Spark Plug
  • AA - 73403: Cylinder Shield
  • A - 74362: Air Screen (Starter housing screen)
  • AA - 73234 Starter Pulley Cover
I think most of the parts above should interchange with the 5-30 and 8-29 also.
Like everyone else, I am always looking for starter pulley covers for 7-21, 770 series as well. I think these may be the same part number as the one listed above for the 7-29.

I am also looking for the following for a McCulloch 77, unfortunately I do not have part numbers for these,
  • Flywheel Housing
  • Points cover
  • Exhaust
  • Air Filter Cover
  • Air Filter
I think most of these parts should be the same as found on a model 49 also.

Some of the items I have to trade include the following NOS Homelite parts,
  • 1020/1050/1130 Cylinders, some with pistons
  • 2100/3100 Connecting Rod
  • 650/750 Case, fuel tank, connecting rod, crankshaft and other for this series
  • 450/550 shortblocks and other parts
  • 410 cylinders
Contact me for a larger list of parts I have to trade. Most of the parts I have are for the 1050/2100 series saws or 550/750, but I do have some XL/SXL, XL-100/123 and 925 parts that are all NOS.

Yep. He's had those parts listed as being for a "74" since before I sent that 77 to you. He had other parts (that are no longer listed) that lead me to believe his parts are from a 73 or 77. The AF on a 77 is indeed the same as the filters used on all the horizontal cylinder large frame Macs except for the AV saws. The AF cover is the same (other than the decal) as what's on a D44. It's made out of stamped steel.

MAC%20D44.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

The D44 pic I took off of the net. The 77 pictured was mine, but belongs to Mark now.

I never get tired of seeing that picture. You can see those big 5/8" pitch cutters frozen in time. Even with that big muffler, that saw makes a large frame Mac seem quiet.

Mark and Aaron thanks for the help. I believe you are correct that those parts are for either a 73 or 77, I see he has a points cover as well!

Steve, that AF cover would be great, I will send you a pm!

Latest posts

Back