The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a muffler or stack for a Remington PL/SL-4 or PL-5.

Got a John Deere 18 on the bench that someone painted the muffler into a corner. They brazed the cover on. :msp_thumbdn: I had to use a cutoff disc in my Dremmel to get it apart.

We have stuff. Lots of stuff. And, limited green printed paper.

Carl.
I've got a pl-4 with a chrome muffler on it. Needs a good cleaning.

Looking for a muffler or stack for a Remington PL/SL-4 or PL-5.

Got a John Deere 18 on the bench that someone painted the muffler into a corner. They brazed the cover on. :msp_thumbdn: I had to use a cutoff disc in my Dremmel to get it apart.

We have stuff. Lots of stuff. And, limited green printed paper.

Carl.

Do you have points and condenser for a David Bradley 360 with the Repco ignition? I've got a muffler to trade.

I need a crankshaft for/from an 87cc McCulloch 300, Super 250, 1-52, or 1-53. Needs to be the 1.5" crankshaft. Can be a tapered clutch crank (300 or S-250) or threaded clutch crank (1-52, 1-53), as I have clutches for both. A crank from a 'regular' 80cc 250 will not work for me, as it has a 1.375" stroke.

This will go into my Super 250. Somebody in the past buggered up the tapered PTO end of my saw's crank, and attempted to build it back up with weld and grind it back to shape. Didn't do the best job of it. They also used some epoxy to try to hold the key and clutch in place. Clutch hub won't stay put on the crank. Best course of action is to just swap in a good crankshaft.

I have various older McCulloch, Homelite and Poulan parts and bars to trade.

I need a crankshaft for/from an 87cc McCulloch 300, Super 250, 1-52, or 1-53. Needs to be the 1.5" crankshaft. Can be a tapered clutch crank (300 or S-250) or threaded clutch crank (1-52, 1-53), as I have clutches for both. A crank from a 'regular' 80cc 250 will not work for me, as it has a 1.375" stroke.

This will go into my Super 250. Somebody in the past buggered up the tapered PTO end of my saw's crank, and attempted to build it back up with weld and grind it back to shape. Didn't do the best job of it. They also used some epoxy to try to hold the key and clutch in place. Clutch hub won't stay put on the crank. Best course of action is to just swap in a good crankshaft.

I have various older McCulloch, Homelite and Poulan parts and bars to trade.
Hey Aaron, I've got you covered on the crank. I'll tear down that 300 and send the crank your way.

Still looking for a Remington SL-11A piston & cylinder. And, a piston for a PL-5. I have a hole in my PL/SL Remy collection.

Trade a good original condition SL-4 for a likewise SL-11.

Remington stuff to trade mainly. NOS PL/SL-4 piston, serviceable/good cylinders PL/SL-4 and one for a PL-55(!!!). I am short on mufflers but most anything else.

Still looking for a Remington SL-11A piston & cylinder. And, a piston for a PL-5. I have a hole in my PL/SL Remy collection.

Trade a good original condition SL-4 for a likewise SL-11.

Remington stuff to trade mainly. NOS PL/SL-4 piston, serviceable/good cylinders PL/SL-4 and one for a PL-55(!!!). I am short on mufflers but most anything else.

Workin' on a trade with Cobey for a good Wards/Remy SL-11.

Yup, can use a more presentable piston for the PL-5.

I can use one or two Lombard AP-42 type auto-oiler check valves. I bet ten USD to a donut that the valve in the Wards 4.0 Cobey is sending to me needs the valve replaced.

Lombard check is the 90deg. fitting just forward of the oil tank filler cap in pic. below.

IMG_0271 (Copy).JPG

Unlike the Remy valve the Lombard can be repaired.

Old poulan and db parts. poulan piston and cyl scored cyl could be saved,rest of parts good $10 +shipping. db tank good cond $10+shipping

Attachments

• CAM00035.jpg
    CAM00035.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 21
  • CAM00036.jpg
    CAM00036.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 20
Anyone have an outer spike for a Sachs Dolmar 112/114/117/120?

How about a muffler?

I have Mac stuff and cash.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Workin' on a trade with Cobey for a good Wards/Remy SL-11.

Yup, can use a more presentable piston for the PL-5.

My PL-5 piston search is over. Chainsawlady sent a reconditioned cylinder & piston w/rings.

Cylinder was bored to 1.9375" and replated. An old kit Joyce still had in stock. Pictures later.

Latest posts

Back