• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
proposed new thread title here:

Moody has left the building, Give'r boys !
or . . . .
Dang, inmates get a Holiday too !
or . . .
Family day at the Funny Farm
or . . .
_________________________ !

:p

Now I don't want to start WW III all over again, but I did some research into patents of mufflers for 2 cycle engines and look what I found:

"It has long been recognized that the horsepower output of a two cycle engine is substantially affected by exhaust system design. A properly designed exhaust device or system can increase the horsepower of a two cycle engine up to 35 percent over the output of the basic engine without a muffler system. The increase in performance is greater when compared with an engine having a poorly designed exhaust system. "

Again, this is not my statement, this is in the patent records for a 2 cycle muffler. You can believe it or not, I don't really care.

Now I don't want to start WW III all over again, but I did some research into patents of mufflers for 2 cycle engines and look what I found:

"It has long been recognized that the horsepower output of a two cycle engine is substantially affected by exhaust system design. A properly designed exhaust device or system can increase the horsepower of a two cycle engine up to 35 percent over the output of the basic engine without a muffler system. The increase in performance is greater when compared with an engine having a poorly designed exhaust system. "

Again, this is not my statement, this is in the patent records for a 2 cycle muffler. You can believe it or not, I don't really care.
Yes.. A tuned pipe..... AKA, A crude super charging system for a 2 stroke...
Not a chainsaw muffler... AKA "Can"

Edit:
Neil is faster than me...

003-20.jpg

Back