The MS261 is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this what you meant by 'being rational' in your whiny PMs about how I was being mean to Andre?

Way to take the high road...

I'm sorry we didn't have a professor to help us with all the big words. We can all benefit from your timely analysis and 40 or so re posts of "what you were trying to say" never seemed whiny.

I've got my technicians designing the tests now. We're trying to establish baselines. The data collection and analysis is really bogging us down. We'd love to get you the results, but we have to make sure it's properly documented and scientifically proveable:D

I wouldn't recommend it. You'll sell more saws if you just pick the numbers that you like.

I'm sorry we didn't have a professor to help us with all the big words. We can all benefit from your timely analysis and 40 or so re posts of "what you were trying to say" never seemed whiny.

Not what I was trying to say...what I did say.

And you could always buy yourself a dictionary.

I take it this isn't one your posts that you tried so hard not to come across as demeaning?:notrolls2:

Just following your lead.

You shouldn't open the door if you're going to worry about who comes in.

What? You didn't like that I tore down the assumptions you wrongly made while hugely derailing this thread?

As I said before, the only assumption that I made was that you posted representative videos.

You said you didn't, and I said fine.

How foolish of me to think you'd post a video of 2 saws that were run under comparable conditions, such as one cut with light pressure, and another bearing down. I assumed the videos were to be informational. You definitely tore down that assumption.

That was the end of those comparisons, so I asked if you'd share the data you did have. You said you wouldn't. Fine.

The only reason the thread got derailed is because you didn't (and apparently still don't) understand what I was/am trying to do, and filled in the blanks with the wrong information.

It's simple. A reasonable estimate of the difference between the 2 saws, and between the same saw with modding, can be made from your data by determining the amount of variation that existed for cuts from a single saw.

You don't want to do it. Fine.

Edit: You deleted your post. Fine.

Last edited:
As I said before, the only assumption that I made was that you posted representative videos.

How foolish of me to think you'd post a video of 2 saws that were run under comparable conditions, such as one cut with light pressure, and another bearing down. I assumed the videos were to be informational. You definitely tore down that assumption.

You said you didn't, and I said fine.

That was the end of those comparisons, so I asked if you'd share the data you did have. You said you wouldn't. Fine.

The only reason the thread got derailed is because you didn't (and apparently still don't) understand what I was/am trying to do, and filled in the blanks with the wrong information.

It's simple. A reasonable estimate of the difference between the 2 saws, and between the same saw with modding, can be made from your data by determining the amount of variation that existed for cuts from a single saw.

You don't want to do it. Fine.

Edit: You deleted your post. Fine.
Thats telling; you derailed the thread because you could not make Brad understand. Brad Shame on you. Look what you made him do in order for you to understand.

Thats telling; you derailed the thread because you could not make Brad understand. Brad Shame on you. Look what you made him do in order for you to understand.

Here's the thing. I do understand. I simply don't care. I've honestly have not even looked at the graphs. I started this thread knowing what I wanted to accomplish. I accomplished that. End of story.

Don't forget the peanut gallery jumping in with nothing to contribute about the saws or data analysis. That really kept things on track.

"You shouldn't open the door if you're going to worry about who comes in."

I'm not the one complaining about derailing.

All things considered though, I didn't expect to spiral the way it did.

I know Brad feels like I'm crapping on what he did, and so he got defensive. But, it has nothing to do with what he did, just a suggestion about what could be done with the data he has.

He's not interested, and that is that.

Last edited:
Would you please help me time this and come up with some meaningful numbers that will help me understand.

watch him squeeze all the fun out of this

What were you guys talking about?????????????????????? :phone: BIG what???

I'm not the one complaining about derailing.

All things considered though, I didn't expect to spiral the way it did.

I know Brad feels like I'm crapping on what he did, and so he got defensive. But, it has nothing to do with what he did, just a suggestion about what could be done with the data he has.

He's not interested, and that is that.

You are getting out of hand here... We aren't keeping you here you don't have to look in this thread anymore if you don't like it... As I said in another thread. Don't go away mad, just go away... :sword: :poke:

Well I still think I want one of these saws. I'll get my grubby mitts on one and get some comparos up against my stock 5100-S.
If there is nothing in it and the Stihl's filter stops Redgum Dust then bye bye 5100-S :(
Now back to the arguing and bickering :cheers:

From the pictures posted on the first page I would say it is a well built saw. If it is anything like the 441 it will be a good seller for Stihl. I need to find me a light weight saw one of these days. The lightest thing I have been using is a 056 magnum II which gets heavy.

Latest posts

Back