The neighbors are burning railroad ties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grown up conversations?? Ya' mean like this thread??

We have nineteen pages of guys sayin' that burning (coal-tar) creosote creates smoke loaded with all sorts of nasty "toxins" not found in smoke from "clean" wood... yet not a single one of those "toxins" can be named. If ya' do ask what "toxins", the answer is... "well, the EPA (or some-such) says they do."
What's funny is I can't find where the EPA specifically says any such thing... so how do you have a grown-up conversation with someone who just repeats (without verifying, yet presenting, as fact) what they've heard, been told, or simply wanna' "believe"?? That ain't bein' "grown-up", that's what schoolboys do...
Nuh-uh, my teacher say... Nuh-uh, my dad says...
Grown-ups think for themselves and verify before presenting as fact... grown-ups don't act like parrots repeating words they've heard.

We have nineteen pages of guys sayin' that burning (coal-tar) creosote creates smoke loaded with all sorts of "carcinogens" not found in smoke from "clean" wood... yet not a single one of those "carcinogens" can be named. If ya' do ask what "carcinogens", the answer is... "well, the EPA (or some-such) says they do."
What's funny is I can't find where the EPA specifically says any such thing... so how do you have a grown-up conversation with someone who just repeats (without verifying, yet presenting, as fact) what they've heard, been told, or simply wanna' "believe"?? That ain't bein' "grown-up", that's what schoolboys do...
Nuh-uh, my teacher say... Nuh-uh, my dad says...
Grown-ups think for themselves and verify before presenting as fact... grown-ups don't act like parrots repeating words they've heard.

We have nineteen pages of guys callin' this OWB owner nearly every low-life name ever invented... but not one of these name-callers has so much as even laid eyes on the guy. They look at a few pictures from the OP and jump right on the band wagon chiming what a planet-wreckin' slob this guy is...

Yeah... grown up conversations... give me a friggin' break‼
you and telling the truth,,is destroying their fantasys.........:clap::clap:

. The broken and rotten ties are now sold to electric utilities to be mixed with coal and burnt to produce power. [/QUOTE]

aint that just hunky dory!!! noting on you ,either,im sure,,that even with scrubbers,,that air comes out perfectly clean..yah, uh huh.............what is a gut line??

. The broken and rotten ties are now sold to electric utilities to be mixed with coal and burnt to produce power.

aint that just hunky dory!!! noting on you ,either,im sure,,that even with scrubbers,,that air comes out perfectly clean..yah, uh huh.............what is a gut line??[/QUOTE]
We call a rail line that dead ends somewhere a gut line. Sometimes they are called branch lines.

Little trivia, at one time Murphy NC was the only town in the USA that had two railroads came to a dead end. Meaning neither line extended pass the town. One railroad was the Old L&N and the Other the Southern Railroad. Both railroads met at the Hiawassee river. LN coming from the west, and Southern coming in from the east. They had a connecting track to interchange freight, but neither railroad ran past that connecting track. L&N. Later Seaboard and then CSX stopped service and pulled out their tracks. Southern sold their tracks to the State of NC from Murphy to Dillisboro NC which then sold it to the Smokey Mountain Railroad. Southern Now Norfolk Southern continued to operate the rest of the line going to Asheville until about 1 year ago. At that time they sold the remaining part of the line to a company called WatCo, (sp?). It is now called the Blueridge Southern. Smokey Mountain runs a scenic railroad from Dillsboro to Nantahala. Currently no trains run west of topton and then only during leaf season for the sight seeing .There is currently no freight being hauled past Sylvia NC. Blueridge Southern does haul some freight, mostly wood chips, to the old Champion paper mill. This rail line would be what I call a gut line.

Ding ding!

Last time we were talking about the carb adjustments on the other thread, had to get back out to check on the ribs, half-chickens. I hollered back inside to my daughter to reply Blazing Saddles...she couldn't figure out what the hell I was talkin about...ol adage I suppose...snooze ya lose. Lol

Last time we were talking about the carb adjustments on the other thread, had to get back out to check on the ribs, half-chickens. I hollered back inside to my daughter to reply Blazing Saddles...she couldn't figure out what the hell I was talkin about...ol adage I suppose...snooze ya lose. Lol
I'll give you a like too. But don't tell CTYank.

Latest posts

Back