The new 441 vs 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is any point to be made in this thread it may be that this class of saw is the choice for cuts while up in the tree. Why?

On the ground you have the ability, while stable, to keep the bar and chain IN the profile of the cut. When in the tree and making awkward cuts from awkward positions the bar and chain will often move into the side of the cut profile causing stress on the engine. Therefore naturally you want the most power and torque to power through those temporary situations.

Obviously you want the lightest saw with that power/torque so fatigue does not set in to affect completion and safety.

I bought a 361 because I heard all the firewood guys raving about it and was immensely disappointed in this saw for an aerial saw as an example. Back to the 44 then the 460 as weight reduction did not offset power deficit.

What don't you like about the 361? I'm just curious.

I've had mine for three years now and absolutely love that saw. I love it in the tree when I can get away with using it. I only have a 20 inch bar on it though and that just don't cut the mustard on most of the larger removals I do. For those trees there is no substitute for the 44 IMO.

I do!!! and im saying the 441 with a 20" bar rocks in the tree so there! I can get through just about anything with that saw.

no way man! I bought a 372xp about 3 months ago it has a 20" bar on it. It comes no where near the power that the 441 has. I am really dissatified with this saw.

now you're sounding like a lib lol

Well.. if they did a challenge then we know which is best saw.. if there was any question left.

But fighting.. only gives one or both a bloody nose !

Course they could do same with a Husky.. if they could find one that would keep up with a 460. Oops..did I say that!

Maybe it knows you're a stihl fag, and it's disappointed. Lol.
Actually i'm a fan of neither just a good running saw. My first saw was a 395xp my second saw was a 441. They both rip and comand respect, respect in which I have very little for you you chode!

actually fellas.

order up a full wrap and put that on for climbing. difference maker for sure for big saw cut'n in the tree.

If there is any point to be made in this thread it may be that this class of saw is the choice for cuts while up in the tree. Why?

On the ground you have the ability, while stable, to keep the bar and chain IN the profile of the cut. When in the tree and making awkward cuts from awkward positions the bar and chain will often move into the side of the cut profile causing stress on the engine. Therefore naturally you want the most power and torque to power through those temporary situations.

Obviously you want the lightest saw with that power/torque so fatigue does not set in to affect completion and safety.

I bought a 361 because I heard all the firewood guys raving about it and was immensely disappointed in this saw for an aerial saw as an example. Back to the 44 then the 460 as weight reduction did not offset power deficit.

Yup, I experienced the same with the 361. Sold it after 10 tanks of gas and now use a 440 after the 200t. 460 and 660 after that. I really like the torque these particular models have for in tree use.

not bad eddie.

but you are still not invited to the shop regardless of how hard you try to be funny.

i bet your equipment is like dillon's tree service out here.

Whos Dillons tree service ? I have great respect for you , don't get all whinny and leave again you just replaced the other crane fag that is no longer with us , good luck with the crane operating ... Why are you so afraid of meeting me I think your pretty cool , if I didn't I wouldn't F with ya beotch

Last edited:
Whos Dillons tree service ? I have great respect for you , don't get all whinny and leave again you just replaced the other crane fag that is no longer with us , good luck with the crane operating ... Why are you so afraid of meeting me I think your pretty cool , if I didn't I wouldn't F with ya beotch

What other crane fag would this be?? lol.

Latest posts

Back