The new Dolmar 7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a time here it was cheaper to by a 6400 and a 7900 OEM top end than it was to buy the 7900 itself. Those days are gone though. However if the saw might ever be modded I'd still go with the 6400 with the 7910 top end as it comes with the higher limited coil.

Meh, thats not the new lineup I've been waiting for. I was hoping for more options on the 6100 chassis. Or at least a new engine. Something to compete against the 390/395 at the top (might be wise since there is not a lot going on in that segment).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
20170208_202935.jpg

That's exactly why I hoped for a even bigger 7900 series. The 9010 is ancient. I've tried it, and thought, I'm never going to trow that in my trunk. Even when I need more power than a 7900. It's just to heavy.

Maybe Makita forgot to PM me that it is updated. I've held both 9010 and a 395 both used and a new 390 and the 9010 was the haeviest by a small bit, the 395 far more agressive and powerfull. And the 390 was the only one I wanted (wanted not needed, I was looking for the 70/80cc class and was wondering if I could convince myself that I needed something more powerfull). The 390 was way lighter, all with a 24" bar btw.

I didn't say anything about a 390 but it's about the same as a 395 and geared to use its grunt runs close to a 395.
Both ported,this 395 is one of my best runners though. Both have 9pin and same bar and chain In the same wood.

I didn't say anything about a 390 but it's about the same as a 395 and geared to use its grunt runs close to a 395.
Both ported,this 395 is one of my best runners though. Both have 9pin and same bar and chain In the same wood.

Ok I have to ask, does that 395 run on meth!!!:rock:

Yeah I must admit I was surprised they went with the Dolmar color since they are the 3rd manufacturer with Red/Orange, especially since the Teal Blue was popular and stood out, not to mention it looks strange in contrast to all the other Makita SKU's. I bet there was many heated discussions in the board rooms trying to decide what color to go with, looks like it may have been a John Deere construction equipment must be yellow not green type of decision.
I know with many of their engines they are using up their Dolmar stock before they switch to the Makita colors/branding.

@jmssaws Damn! I recognize most of the saws on this page. They've either been in my garage, or are currently there. Lol
Just found this thread.
You have some nice saws my freind.

I have over a month of work just in porting your saws. Lol
They all were fun and ported well.
The 6100 though is just amazing how much they gain. I'll have one

Your not missing anything, saws make the most power from 9000 to 9500 RPM. Steve
Depends on the saw but there's 7900/7910 out there that are on the limiter in the wood.
I have one here now that does it.
The limited coil doesn't hurt them just makes it more difficult to tune.

Back