The new stihl 662 4 mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the mx track a 500 engine is not a good choice ,maybe for the dunes or desert where you can open it up some

The Hangtown Sheriff said it best, "Ride it like a 500...."

hannahCOVER7.jpg

Him and Ward, Magoo Chandler, Lackey, Glover, O'Mara, Smith, Ricky Johnson, Weinert that was the Golden Era...oh yeah DeCoster!!!! Shoot that was some good times they were hardcore.

500's wasn't too much for these guys...but look at the track. You hit some of those boulders and you're dead. No tear-offs nothing but compression haha Bel-Ray and good gas. How would you like to Eat Robert or De Coster's sand for about a half hour???? Europeans were about the only ones in it. Check out that dropoff at 3:25 on those old Huskys and CZ's with about 6 inch travel. Did they have Hodaka's? Probably Combat Wombat, Triumph maybe Harley's...good times. How about the mudslinging at 6:30 haha hit the camera.....

I doubt it. That would mean they have around 20 hp more than stock to hit 80hp. Maybe in road race trim, but not for a desert racer.
Even then, so what. A circa 1984 design, the honda cr 500 made around 600 hp stock and is stone simple. The last of the 50cc go road racers were around 200hp.
Four strokes can never compete with two strokes on a level playing field.

Decimal point not working??

I doubt it. That would mean they have around 20 hp more than stock to hit 80hp. Maybe in road race trim, but not for a desert racer.
Even then, so what. A circa 1984 design, the honda cr 500 made around 60 hp stock and is stone simple. The last of the 500cc gp road racers were around 200hp.
Four strokes can never compete with two strokes on a level playing field.
yes thats 80 hp for the australian KTM 450 factory bikes that do our desert races, out of the mouths of the riders that pilot them. They are more highly strung and they only have to reliably last 1000 Klms max, the Dakar bikes are milder, produce 70Hp but have to last 9000 Klms

I'd have to see a dyno sheet to believe it.

Lots of guys claim they have 8ohp cr500's too that end up dynoing out at less than 70hp.
I like to see it too, but it's probably not going to happen, besides most things at that level are heresay to sometimes to psych the opposition out, or be absolutely true, the fellow that quoted those numbers is a Dakar KTM team factory rider. Had he hailed from Michigan it'd be more likely to have been 90 Hp. LOL

I would not jump to that conclusion as the only 4 mix stuff is currently available is clamshell two valve with stems parallel to the bore. For all the 450 moto x stuff in this thread the bore/stroke is about similar with my ht131.
Those 4mix rubbish are hard on the body, the amount of time they run on a tank if fuel is ridiculous, with the old 2 strokes you could have a sit down every 15 min or so when you refuelled, now they work you to death almost before they need that!
Darn internal combustion 4 cycle engines.
Fangst

Those 4mix rubbish are hard on the body, the amount of time they run on a tank if fuel is ridiculous, with the old 2 strokes you could have a sit down every 15 min or so when you refuelled, now they work you to death almost before they need that!
Darn internal combustion 4 cycle engines.
Fangst
Strato charged engines have great fuel economy too..

Brian, aren't you a little old to still be on a motorcycle? Bones don't heal like they use to.:)
I retired from mx about 5 or so years ago ,sold my last 450 last year .only bike i have now is a mountain bike :confused: ,in the pac nw trails it is a good way to see them without walking them where motorized vehicles are not allowed ,the downhill is similar to mx ,but i miss the airtime from the track and the slow speeds are something to get used to ,the going up a hill thing kind of sucks now too ,lol

500's wasn't too much for these guys...but look at the track. You hit some of those boulders and you're dead. No tear-offs nothing but compression haha Bel-Ray and good gas. How would you like to Eat Robert or De Coster's sand for about a half hour???? Europeans were about the only ones in it. Check out that dropoff at 3:25 on those old Huskys and CZ's with about 6 inch travel. Did they have Hodaka's? Probably Combat Wombat, Triumph maybe Harley's...good times. How about the mudslinging at 6:30 haha hit the camera.....

many child hood/teen heroes there. thanks. 6" travel, if you were lucky, in front, maybe 3 out back...

Latest posts

Back