The new Stihl caps suck!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's our NUMBER 1 selling replacement cap for all brands of saws we sell. I guess they do break alot.

Never had much trouble, overfilled or not. No leaks, no breakage. Hell, I've replaced more threaded style caps than the half-turn. Maybe I'm not handicapped enough to have problems.

tek9tim said:
Never had much trouble, overfilled or not. No leaks, no breakage. Hell, I've replaced more threaded style caps than the half-turn. Maybe I'm not handicapped enough to have problems.

The oil cap WILL NOT SEAT if the oil is just a little to high...there is just no way. If the dam saw wasn't attched to the cap, I would have chucked it as hard as I could by now! (Almost did anyway, then I remembered the dang thing cost me $549.00)

tek9tim said:
So, if your Stihl breaks, you're handicapped? This reminds me of Barney Fife showing Andy he knew Jujitsu. Barny came up and was going to show Andy an attack, which Andy easily blocked. Barny gets indignant and says "You're not doing it right." I guess people aren't using their Stihls right, huh. :hmm3grin2orange:

wow, glad I have the screw on caps on everything I own.

For those of you that constantly strip out the screw on caps, here is a hint to help you out. DON"T USE THE SCRENCH TO TIGHTEN THE CAP.

Hand tight will do just fine. The slot in the cap is for removing the cap if it happens to be too tight to remove BY HAND!

Thanks and have another beer in regards to the ghey twist lock caps.

Freakingstang said:
wow, glad I have the screw on caps on everything I own.

For those of you that constantly strip out the screw on caps, here is a hint to help you out. DON"T USE THE SCRENCH TO TIGHTEN THE CAP.

Hand tight will do just fine. The slot in the cap is for removing the cap if it happens to be too tight to remove BY HAND!

Thanks and have another beer in regards to the ghey twist lock caps.

1/2 impact wrench works for me......:dizzy:

attachment.php

Stihl has a bayonet to threaded cap adapter in the works...only $12.95 each.

It's part of the Stihl 'Remedial Accessory and Parts Enhancement Division' :laugh:

(They're currently in court w/ Hornady over copyright infringement regargding the Lock-N-Load bayonet to threaded die adapters...)

Chaser

spacemule said:
Stihl is testing how big of a dumbass idea they can use on their saws and still have their faithful mindless drones buy them. :biggrinbounce2:
Well all I can say is that Stihl hasn't sold out their dealers yet and started selling saws in Lowe's and Sears. Oh I forgot Stihl doesn't have to because they sthil outsell all other brands without stabbing their dealers. Next you will see Huskys being sold on old parking lots along with the knock off Nike shoes and imitation clothes. I guess their are millions of "mindless drons" like myself who have used all brands and prefer stihl. BTW, I owned a husky with the anti vibe springs that all you guys have wet dreams over. And I really didn't care for them, I got my saw hung up and the freakin' thing broke a spring. I guess all brands have s@%t on their saws.

AJLOGGER said:
Well all I can say is that Stihl hasn't sold out their dealers yet and started selling saws in Lowe's and Sears.
Yeah, just Ace Hardware box stores. :rolleyes:

And guess what, Husky doesn't sell the professional saws in box stores anyway. In our new Ace, I saw an 066. :ices_rofl: Nice slippery slope though.:D

AJLOGGER said:
And I really didn't care for them, I got my saw hung up and the freakin' thing broke a spring. I guess all brands have s@%t on their saws.
First of all, good loggers don't get hung up, they are hung. . .oops, another thread. :hmm3grin2orange: But seriously, you would be abusing any saw to yank it hard enough to bust a spring. That will easily rip rubber mounts as well.

spacemule said:
Yeah, just Ace Hardware box stores. :rolleyes:

And guess what, Husky doesn't sell the professional saws in box stores anyway. In our new Ace, I saw an 066. :ices_rofl: Nice slippery slope though.:D
I know, in my area there is a True Value hardware store that sells Stihl. But they are A SERVICING DEALER. Big difference.

AJLOGGER said:
I know, in my area there is a True Value hardware store that sells Stihl. But they are A SERVICING DEALER. Big diggerence.

Every Ace I've been in around my area is not a servicing dealer.

Back