The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tapatalk is apparently charging for posting photos now. I'd post more but now it's going to cost me.

Last edited:
Picking up my new MS460 today. Eek! So stoked. Get to pay it off in 1 job later this week. Gonna run it light bucking some spruce and small stuff for a couple days. Then it gets put to work on a monster tree.

Ms460...

Picking up my new MS460 today. Eek! So stoked. Get to pay it off in 1 job later this week. Gonna run it light bucking some spruce and small stuff for a couple days. Then it gets put to work on a monster tree.

Let us know how you like it. My MS391 does pretty well too. My MS660 is a monster, it plows through pretty much anything with the 36" bar on it, been thinking of getting a 42" but I haven't really needed anything that size around here so far.
Congrats!:msp_biggrin:

43acf8e6-ebc8-3ca3.jpg
Hit the back of my hand on my handsaw. Not even sure how. Finished what I was doing and climbed down. Noticed a blood spot on the back of my glove. I looked and I had a pretty good hole in the back of my hand. I could see tendon fascia, decided a bandaid probably wouldn't do the job. Long story short.... I came home and gave myself 2 stitches.
I've made it 27 years and this is my first set of stitches. Lame

Stihl waiting on my new saw.... Didn't get it yet... Grrr

Last edited:
Hit the back of my hand on my handsaw. Not even sure how. Finished what I was doing and climbed down. Noticed a blood spot on the back of my glove. I looked and I had a pretty good hole in the back of my hand. I could see tendon fascia, decided a bandaid probably wouldn't do the job. Long story short.... I came home and gave myself 2 stitches.
I've made it 27 years and this is my first set of stitches. Lame

Stihl waiting on my new saw.... Didn't get it yet... Grrr

What, no staple gun at home? :laugh:

Look like good stitches - big knots. :msp_thumbsup: I suppose if you know what tendon fasciae are, you'll be fine.

I got my first stitches as a toddler, smacked my forehead on a coffee table crawling around. Still keloidy 40+ years later.

I work in an emergency room. I numbed it, irrigated it, and closed it. A doctor has never let me stitch... Wink wink.

Boot, what Happened to the climber job offer? Ya the western slope of Colorado is almost the same postcard like setting can't wait to finish up my Dentest barter job so I can get up there, this was a picture up the frying pan river by lake Rudi east of basalt before Hagarman pass, really great country.View attachment 233648
233648d1334456875-more-colorado-24big-horn-stump-jpg

Yeah, you can always find a dentist willing to pull teeth for tree work.:msp_thumbsup:

But that's all yull find... unless its the hilarious banter from the newbie thread!:msp_smile:

I had a redirect that went off to the side of another crotch my rope was through, when it was time to pull the rope down I tied a knot in the end of the rope to pull my caterpillar down, and wouldn't you know it, just as the rope came off next to the last crotch it swung across in front of the the crotch with the caterpillar in it, and about 1 - 1/2 feet or so from the caterpillar it decided to flip up and rap around a small crotch just above the one with the caterpillar in it.

The knot landed perfectly in that little crotch to where it was impossible to pull it down. I ended up throwing the weight and line back through the crotch the other way and dragging the rope over to the other side, then threw it across the crotch the knot hung in and pulled the end back through that one to get it out.

This was all after I was up in the tree pruning out suckers, and pulled my flip line back across a crotch that was out in front of me way out towards the tips of the branch, and it flew back and knocked a knot on my head above my right eye the size of my thumb.

Man, I didn't climb yesterday, because I thought it would be bad luck.

Other than that everything went pretty good.

that is soooo newwwBIE!:laugh:

And good for you guys to start a newbie forum, it should be very informative and educational. Don't feel like you can't post up above, I never said you couldn't, those who did got problems. I mean Commercial Tree Care emcompasses everything from dragging brush to rocket science soes i would think anything posted would be an attribute.

Did the bottom 25' of what was left of a storm damaged spruce. 22" at the base. Rocked a chain in the weeds, but not bad. Awkward haul out of the back yard. Stairs or bridges over the stream either way. Trailer out of commission till Wednesday. I can't live without my dump trailer. 7'x12' of wood hauling goodness. Scheduled another big spruce for Monday and Tuesday. $1400. Finally get to go pick up my new ms460. Light cutting this week then it gets put through the paces next week. Sugihara 30" bar here tomorrow.

Bid some big downed cottonwoods from our pre-Christmas windstorm. Offered a bid on a 80' poplar up the street from me. One is F&F discount, the other, full price. Paying off this new saw shouldn't be hard at all.

Blasted a 40" dbh spruce in one day with only 2 of us. Had to noodle the rounds into quarters just to pick them up .

why pick them up its called a log cart and a trailer with a ramp!!!!!

Why don't you learn to use a (,), (a comma for those of you in Rio Linda), and then explain to the guy on the job what it means when you say "why pick them up", when you have no idea of the job, terrain, etc,..
I used 6 comma's.
Did the log's jump into the cart? Why not ease up and not attack a thread that is obviously a question that the OP felt it was proper to do so?
Jeff :msp_tongue:

wow,

now this site has the ppe police, and now grammar police, too.

Jeff, were there to many, !!!,?,(not sure if I should use a comma in that situation so I just covered all possibilities),

where is Rio Linda? is being there a good thing? (should I have used a comma in place of the first? or is a ? appropriate since they are individual questions?)

wow,

now this site has the ppe police, and now grammar police, too.

Jeff, were there to many, !!!,?,(not sure if I should use a comma in that situation so I just covered all possibilities),

where is Rio Linda? is being there a good thing? (should I have used a comma in place of the first? or is a ? appropriate since they are individual questions?)

Hey Goob, I am just saying that the guy (Bootboy) started a thread and in the right forum. I think if you wanna argue, I can meet you in the other forum.
Jeff

Latest posts

Back