The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear long underwear under my chainsaw pants, they do get wet right through but not like I jumped in a lake, my boots, socks and gloves on the other hand, all look and feel like they've been under water. The weather hasnt changed much in the last few weeks so my boots dont get time to dry before the next morning. I wore thick wool socks yesterday and they worked pretty good. Much better than normal socks. I might just have to get insulated rubber boots and deal with the sore feet n legs. I walk about 10k a day, maybe a touch less, pruning street trees. Side walks are rivers n ponds some days, add in the 3-4 foot deep snow bank all around each tree and you have cold wet clothing lol.

I love my union suit and my kids get a kick out of the back flap.

200 mph winds just 5 miles from Atlanta

I don't know if any of you find it interesting but to me it is an amazing thing.
The other day coming into Atlanta about 5 miles above ground the wind was over 200 mph. I took this picture after we started down and the read out is in knots but converted to MPH at this point, it was still close to 200.

View attachment 283701

Smokey; are u a pilot?

That kind of wind would do a lot more than just make a mess.

Yes he is. We've been trying to find out which company he flies for...so we can book our trips with somebody else. :laugh:

He'd probably be sitting up there in the cockpit reading the latest Bailey's catalog, not paying attention to where he was going and all his passengers would wind up in Borneo...instead of Cleveland.

Bump for this thread.

This weekend I worked on a great big ailanthus (30"+ dbh). The power lines were supposed to be lowered and i was planning on knocking the whole thing out in ~4hours, but I got a call the day before from the HO saying that the power company would take them down, but not put them back up due to the age of the hardware and condition of the weather head, the power company also said he needed a new meter. To replace that stuff would cost the HO over $1000. I took out the 3 leaders opposite the power lines. The rest will have to wait till the HO figures it out. I could have done more cutting but I'd rather be safe and honest with myself and the HO than get hurt or pay to replace the power lines. Not something I'm willing to go near.

Had breakfast in Orlando, lunch in Atlanta and dinner at Deanies in New Orleans after strolling Bourbon street.
It is a beautiful day everywhere.
Tomorrow Las Vegas baby!

Last edited:
It was 30 below F at the house this morning. :msp_wub:

That my friend is a beautiful thing. You are lucky man, some people never get to experience this. I imagine you with a woodburning fire in the house, the peace and quiet of the the snow-covered ground and wildlife right outside your window. Enjoy!
My question, so how high do you have to get when it's 30 below to have it freeze before it hits the ground?

I don't know. It depends on where up here a guy is.. It almost Never snows when its 30 under. . It has to warm up to snow. That's why I like the cold.

The wood stove goes pretty steady from September thru May.

I was referring to making yellow snow..…:msp_w00t:

Latest posts

Back