The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's how I pack my pass rope. I mostly use it for pulling up pulling lines. But I need to get a longer section of it. It makes a nice intermediate line for pulling my climbing line threw a crotch also. It doesn't weigh enough to be a bother.

Ya gotta remember, Tramp is on a mission... He's going to come up with a no groundie bulletproof climbing system where the rope never gets trapped by a limb. I heard he's also got a self-feeding chipper in the works.

I always viewed climbing like falling timber as a single jack task. I only rely on myself except for pulling tops.

I have 4 or 5 weeks of climbinglined up for this summer and the boss assured me that I will have 2 good ground men. But there are still lot to do other than baby sit my rope
I think there are a bunch of bigcottonwoods to take down. But there is aparantly 8' of snow on the ground in Valdez.

Well, I'm down in Valdez again. Taking down cottonwoods growing on the r.o.w.. I'm liking my Weaver Cougar. No complaints on the Arbor Pled. But. Its the only climbing line I have. But so far it works good. . I will say that I like the Husky 338 more than the 192 Stihl.

climbing the inside sounds cool....Seriously though....Convince yourself that the main stem has sufficient strength to support whatever forces you intend to impart on it.

Where r all the guys? I have a bunch of? About this one. There is a sucker on the top right side that I think will make a safe tie in.

Hey tramp, good to have ya back. What do you have in the way of pole saws/power pruners? Looks like you could do a lot of whittling on that sucker and save yourself some rigging. Another thing to look at as long as the stem checks out, which I think it will considering all the growth, is rig a block up top and swing everything back to center. Just check those attachment points on those shooters before you get put to far out on em.
Good luck, Jeff.

I'm planning on putting 3 ratchet straps on the bole of it and guying back several of the suckers before I swing out and get on them. If I weighed a hundred pounds less maybe not. But I prolly out weigh the snow load that comes on them.
Which is a lot considering Valdez got around 400" of snow last winter. . WhenI start chinking it down I will saw split the rounds to handleable size chuncks. I can toss them down then

I haven't run the husky pole pruner yet, and I'm in the market. I'll be interested to hear how ya like it. Problem I've always had with the stihls are how easy the extension pole can bend. Give us a report if you would, tramp. Your'e gonna cuss that sucker in the tree, but it will save a lot of climbing. From what I saw on the video, looks like you should be able to reach out and make all your cuts from the stem. Jeff

Back