The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grapples have their place no doubt, but you're right you have to care if its a thinning job about not scarring up the standing timber. Not saying a line skidder won't scar up the timber but there are tricks you can do with cable ya can't do with a big ole grapple in the way... and I don't have to back up to each and every log.

Whats making me money right now it that much of the stuff the other guys left, was left because it was across shall we say "soft ground" they just couldn't get to it.

Its worked out better then I had planned, Figured I would only get 3 maybe 4 loads out of there, and I sent of #s 4-5 Tuesday-Wednesday (maybe #6) and still have at least 3 more to go. Guy just keeps wanting more cut.

Still have some big brutish looking Hemlocks to dump, saving them for next to last, thinking they are over 36" on the stump 6-7 of em. I would like to do a time lapse video of that little patch getting leveled... but that involves spending money on techno garbage... have trouble paying for something that I can't eat or make money or build something with...

I have the camera....

that may be a very tempting offer...

Wait you just wanna see some big monster fall down huh?:msp_sneaky:

I'll let ya know a few days maybe even a week in advance, you're a small hike from here but not so bad it couldn't be made in a day.

Yes I'm offering. Shoot a couple pics, vids, see a couple stick fall, tell a couple lies, etc.
Hel I might even be useful.

gees tattoos, piercings, hot rods, what is this some kind of biker convention?

Ford small block V8's bored and stroked with a lumpy cam,

Stihl saws only, unless its an old homey, or maybe a mac...

Gibson guitars and all tube amps

Many tattoos (my ma has more than me... very annoying you'd think I would have caught up by now but nooo)

Several motorcycles ok choppers and the real home built kind not some lame ass "factory chopper"

now that that's out of the way...

Blown Chevy small block

Mostly husky, 1 stihl

PRS guitar, Soldano and Budda amps (tone snob)

No tats/piercings. I decided not to express my individuality by doing what everyone else is doing:biggrin:

Asthma and smoking bad combo

No Facebook

Pearlescent blue moped

Last edited:
Well this is a fun game...

Motorcycles= '65 HD Sportster 900 bored and stroked to 1100, Paugho 40* rake ridged frame, +10 springer, 18" apes (home built not credit card) KTM 450 race bike and YZ 290 2t race bike

Vehicles= All Toyota and a '85 Toyota rock crawler fixen to be this years crummy

Music= listener...not player

Tattoos= hmmm....well....

Smokes= hmmm....well....

No Facebook= 'Ol Lady shut mine down after a month

Well this is a fun game...

Motorcycles= '65 HD Sportster 900 bored and stroked to 1100, Paugho 40* rake ridged frame, +10 springer, 18" apes (home built not credit card) KTM 450 race bike and YZ 290 2t race bike

Vehicles= All Toyota and a '85 Toyota rock crawler fixen to be this years crummy

Music= listener...not player

Tattoos= hmmm....well....

Smokes= hmmm....well....

No Facebook= 'Ol Lady shut mine down after a month

tc, ya smoke? I guess we all nuts then.

Yep, the humidity here is wretched! I can only wear a T-shirt for the walk into the woods, then I just keep it to wipe my eyes out. When I used to cut ERC, after a rain in the summer, the sun would come out and the ground would steam as you were "falling" the timber. I was disgusting really, yer lungs would feel like they had water in them.

Scrapple rules! :rock:

Back