The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chainsaw crushing buddy just bought yet another new 461 today....$1040... his 660 refused to run I guess.

He broke the crank case on one 461. The saw shop guy says he can fix it up for him. new crank case handle and gas tank and covers. I told him heck you'll have a new saw by the time he gets done lol.. His face got lobster red when I said that...lol.. Told just to drink a beer and get over it lol

Mmmmm. Cedar is fun too :rock:

Smells nice. Does cedar chair as easy as it splits? I hire a guy with a massive drum grinder to chew up stumps on my property, and I love it when he hits a red cedar. Beautiful chips and smells great. I've bucked a lot of blowdown cedar, but don't remember ever cutting one down:msp_confused:

Congrats northman! One step closer to full time logging:rock:

I usually run the hytran but lately its been the tractor supply stuff. Im gonna try that TRC stuff I like the grease .. that stuff stays where ya put it. for $6.50 a tube it better ya know.

I've been using the TSC "traveller" or something like that hydro for a while. It's something like 44 bucks for 5 gallons. When you bust a 4 dollar fitting and lose 50 bucks in expensive hydro before your stupid brain realizes what happened, you start buying the cheap stuff. I feel different about gear oil, for some reason, guess cause I use a lot less of it. I just found the leak in my batwing, and hopefully will stop leaving hydro kill lines in my pastures!:mad2:

I've been using the TSC "traveller" or something like that hydro for a while. It's something like 44 bucks for 5 gallons. When you bust a 4 dollar fitting and lose 50 bucks in expensive hydro before your stupid brain realizes what happened, you start buying the cheap stuff. I feel different about gear oil, for some reason, guess cause I use a lot less of it. I just found the leak in my batwing, and hopefully will stop leaving hydro kill lines in my pastures!:mad2:

Those hydro kill lines are now primed and ready to burn fire lines lol.

Back