The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian.. Nice find! Seriously. Mine is made in China. To my knowledge, it's the only brand Madsens sells.

we seem to have a bad rep over there......I guess I was unaware........????????
hello there Jake

Evenin' Mike...

Where did it all start, the firewood section/bad rep? PM me if you'd like :). I don't mind random reading material

Last edited:
Feelings were hurt by me suggesting that if one wanted good pointers on falling trees, this would be a better forum to post a certain scary video on than the firewood forum. It made sense to me because production fallers cut mass quantities of timber, or at least do out here, if they want to keep working. That didn't go over well. Sigh.:rolleyes:

Feelings were hurt by me suggesting that if one wanted good pointers on falling trees, this would be a better forum to post a certain scary video on than the firewood forum. It made sense to me because production fallers cut mass quantities of timber, or at least do out here, if they want to keep working. That didn't go over well. Sigh.:rolleyes:

It's because people in this forum cut completely different trees that are in no way applicable to those other worldly trees. Duh. :chop:

:laugh:

Yeah. . . That was a goat-rope.

meh, I didn't see anything in that thread y'all said so bad. maybe some things happened before I got here or they just took it wrong. really tho, I personaly have never made fun of anyone and havn't really seen any one here do it. I think it is a shame if they think they can't come here for advice. more than one way to skin a cat? yes there is but that can even be made a mess of.
isn't that one reason we here? to swap ideas and technique and try and help others that may have ?????

That video was a big time screw up by them. When the face cut kept closing so much they couldn't get the face cut wedge out and was pinching the bar it was time to do something different. If the face cut had been cleaned out with an Axe it may have went ahead and broke then.

well yea, there is a lot I would have done different. thing that gets me is it had turned into an argument by the time I get there and one member lumped us all into the bully category........I don't think any of us are bullys.
I been seeing this attitude a lot lately, I guess us loggers are looked down on everywhere.
meh, back to the woods with us I guess.
thing is, no one learned anything exept that apparently we not welcome over there. what if I had a question about stoves.......SOL I spose.

There are three of four non-logging "experts". Old bob has tangled with all of them in his special way that leaves zero misunderstanding. Same with RandyMac on occasion. They tend to be super touchy when it comes to anybody coming onto "their turf" and telling them how to do stuff. I hang out all over the place (and others) and can tell you the "anti-PNW logger" sentiment is not any sort of majority opinion.
Being gruff and calling it like you see it is not bullying. Bullying is when you identify somebody you can hurt who can't or won't hurt you back, and you keep on keepin' on. I only know one logging forum member who I think of as a bully, and he ain't here. His name also does not rhyme with raisin. Sorry for being preachy this fine morning

There are three of four non-logging "experts". Old bob has tangled with all of them in his special way that leaves zero misunderstanding. Same with RandyMac on occasion. They tend to be super touchy when it comes to anybody coming onto "their turf" and telling them how to do stuff. I hang out all over the place (and others) and can tell you the "anti-PNW logger" sentiment is not any sort of majority opinion.
Being gruff and calling it like you see it is not bullying. Bullying is when you identify somebody you can hurt who can't or won't hurt you back, and you keep on keepin' on. I only know one logging forum member who I think of as a bully, and he ain't here. His name also does not rhyme with raisin. Sorry for being preachy this fine morning

I also hang out everywhere, and never thought of myself as being in a certain isolated group on AS. I hit "What's new" and see who posted what, and where.

I have a lot of experience in many fields, which affords me the ability to answer a broad range of questions. And I'm not the only one on here like that.

You just have to watch out for the 'askholes'. :laugh:

I also hang out everywhere, and never thought of myself as being in a certain isolated group on AS. I hit "What's new" and see who posted what, and where.

I have a lot of experience in many fields, which affords me the ability to answer a broad range of questions. And I'm not the only one on here like that.

Same here.

Same here, but you have to be able to prove it with a camera strapped to your head according to the masses. I worked 4 years taking danger trees off or near power lines with my Dad that did it his whole life, then production cut timber for another 3 years before going full time in the auto collision business which I've been at 28 years. Still managed to do the part time logging smaller parcels and lot clearing in between.....I'm tired off all of it, but still do it:p

Back