the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! 2 seconds off the pace. I guess it's back to the operating table. Nurse, scalpel please. :doctor:

Thanks to all of you for putting on a great competition. :rock:

You did real well to be proud of. :cheers:

I'm happy with where they placed for sure. To be in the top 10 of that group with 2 saws is pretty good I think.

It was great meeting a lot of guys on here in person. I won't try to name them all so I don't forget anyone.

Big thanks to Terry for putting this on. I wish the weather would have cooperated better but that's a tn summer day for you. :cheers:

By the very nature of the the event, the results are not the end all and be all and should not be interpreted as such. I ran most of the top ten and I would be honored to own anyone of them.

And, I may be biased since I picked him to win but treemonkey's saw was a treat.

Thanks to Terry and Ann and all who participated. It was good to meet you all.

There was a new guy there who hasn't even signed up who was helping hold the tarp covering the saws from blowing away. There was a huge gust of wind that almost pulled him off the ground but he did not let go. I don't know that I've ever seen somebody's eyes get that big!

If you are ready this, may I suggest the screen name Kite!

If there was stock 372 there I didn't see it. The top saws all felt good.

Does any one who was there have a picture of the dry erase board before it got rained on? If so please send it to me in a pm. Thanks!

i will say this being a guy that uses them to make a living. i would take any of those too work on monday to kill trees and to me that what its all about. every one made a great show and effort on there saws. i ran just about every saw in the build ands can tell you that they are some exceptional runners in that lot of saws. and thanks alot eric copsey now im jonesen for me one of them dang fastass race saws.

i will say this being a guy that uses them to make a living. i would take any of those too work on monday to kill trees and to me that what its all about. every one made a great show and effort on there saws. i ran just about every saw in the build ands can tell you that they are some exceptional runners in that lot of saws. and thanks alot eric copsey now im jonesen for me one of them dang fastass race saws.

+1. Copsey did have some killer saws!!!

I just got home while ago. Have to say it was a blast. Ran alot of fast saws. Treemonkeys 026 was wicked, as was Terry's 460. :rock:

Ran most of the ported 372s and was impressed with all of them. there was a couple that stood out though.

Thanks again to T. Landrum, GTG extraordinaire!! The King himself.

I would like to add my thanks and kudos to the timers.
The times were VERY close for having 3 different people running watches. Much better than I would have expected.
It was interesting when adding up the numbers to see where the powerbands were in this really impressive group of saws.
Some were weaker in the small wood but came on strong in the big stuff, while others were real screamers in the small wood and fell off in the big wood.
Terry, you hosted a FANTASTIC GTG and what is a little spring shower among friends!
As always it was nice to put new faces with names and see old friends again!

Mike

Did anyone run my saw? I'm looking for some feedback on what it needs. It's my first ever 371/372 build and the only other of the sort I've run is a Snelerized 372XPW so I don't have a valid baseline. I only got to run it once before sending it off but I thought it ran pretty well, big bar or small.

Latest posts

Back