the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and I have a lot more of vids of the buildoff and a lot of misc. saws and I am gonna put em all on youtube, but your gonna have to subscribe to my youtube page to see em cause it is just to many steps to post them all here. If you see yourself and your saw just message me and I will be glad to put your name and the saw size make model whatever in the description ;)

You done a fine job friend.:cheers:

Square wood? Any results from that?

Since it rained on & off so much there where no timed cuts in the square wood. there was alot of playing with different saws, but never any real effort to time it. I'm sure cowroy has some on video, he video'd just about everything but lunch :)

I think I made a couple cuts with terrys 460 in square wood and that was all I did. EC and gink had some saws out playing in it right before the rain.

i got the pleasure of running it and its no joke more than you can imagine a chainsaw to do. you can pull up as hard as you possibly can on it and it wants more

I finally got on the hotel computer. Terry already mentioned the top three saws that I liked there was also a couple more that I liked but I couldn't remember which ones they were as they all looked alike.
We did do a couple of cuts a second time as once a hunk of bark caused a quick jam and another I let off just a hair soon as I was cutting out of a log. All the saws ran well except one and I was pushing them thru the wood as fast as they would let me and still keep them in the power band.
I also put each of them thru a test log first right before the rest so I could get a feel and warm them up and clear them out.
We were testing saws and not the operator.
I did have a good time too.

That pecan pie and ice cream was good. I only had 3 pieces.:msp_tongue:

I finally got on the hotel computer. Terry already mentioned the top three saws that I liked there was also a couple more that I liked but I couldn't remember which ones they were as they all looked alike.
We did do a couple of cuts a second time as once a hunk of bark caused a quick jam and another I let off just a hair soon as I was cutting out of a log. All the saws ran well except one and I was pushing them thru the wood as fast as they would let me and still keep them in the power band.
I also put each of them thru a test log first right before the rest so I could get a feel and warm them up and clear them out.

You done a fine job JD :rock:.

Hey Terry, thanks for having us, to bad about the rain, I was looking forward to the square wood! I didn't bring a big bar at all so I didn't get to play in the big stuff.

Hey Komatsu, I don't think we got to meet yesterday, if we did I didn't know it was you! I was looking forward to talking with ya:msp_smile:

There was Pie and Ice cream??????

Hey JD it was good meeting you,, you did a great job with the saws

And the Pie & Ice cream!!!!

Looking forward to the Sconnie show,,, if I can make it ,,,,,

while you most of you guys wipe your saws off and set them on the shelf ,mine will be heading in for a tour of duty on this job[video=youtube;CNt1m44yWb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNt1m44yWb4[/video]

Riverrat2 passed a hat, some even threw in twice, some threw in none. Terry still came out in the hole.

Yeah that really Blows,,,,,

there were several that made me wonder how they thought 5 or six bucks would cover a fully prepared meal w/drinks/dessert picnic tables etc, fuel&bar oil for your saw, the tent they got under to get out of the rain then the sun, rain, sun, rain, rain, sun sun,,, the porta-john, a full load of oak logs that Terry Cut/loaded/hauleddidnt sell, not to forget the fuel to get the wood out of tha bush, on site, and set up, taken down, time,,,,,, and driving around town picking up tha stuff prolly burned @ least another 1/2 tank of petrol all donated?????

Passing the hat!!!!!!!

That really torqued me off after I counted the Money,, I was so embarrassed some of us felt compelled to dig a little deeper
Sheesh!!!!! I know we couldnt cover it all and he graciously donated,,, so why not make a full effort to help out??? "Just Sayin"

Flame on me if you want,,,, its been eating on me since I went and threw the hat back in the Hooptee

K,,, I'm Done !!!!!

No Im not,,, and all the buiders donated the mods,,, Machine work, etc, etc, which is great,,,,, and good advertising,,,

Maybe I just don't understand how it's supposed to work???

Last edited:
For what it's worth I've got a 2171 that Scott (Treemonkey) ported for me this spring and couldn't be happier with it. What I like most about it is there isn't any quirks or drawbacks with it, it's just a really strong running 70cc saw with a boat load of torque and a smooth powerband. I let my dad run it who has been a certified Stihl tech and diehard Stihl man since the late 70's (and still is) and he even cracked a smile.

Stumpy just left my house to head home. He looks a little thin. You guys didnt feed him enough!!:msp_tongue:

I feel like you always get put to work at GTG's. Last time you were sharpening chains most of the day.

Heck Yeah!!! I got to run Wendells 6401/7900 Dolkita and JD's Dolmar I think they were ported by Eric Copesy:rock:

I will be having one done by him!!!!!:rock:

The both Rocked!!! I think JD's was a bit more stout!!! Sorry Wendell!!!

Oh yea! I had the pleasure of turning both of them 7900s loose also. I have to thank JD for directing my CAD toward a new 7900. :angry: Thanks alot man. :D It was great to meet JD. As was it to meet the rest of the gang also. Alot of awesome people.
That treemonkey 026 was just awesome. I would have liked to have ran those piped saws EC and Gink had there.
Terry, that 460 is a beast buddy. It was awesome to run it and I appreciate that.
The Treemonkey 372 was very stout as was treeslingers. I also ran Komatsu's 372 and 395 and he's got that porting down to a T. Both of them were very strong. I ran alot of the other build-off saws as well but wasnt sure which was which. I did run Simons 372 and it ran great as well. Mike's )Mdavlee) 372 in the build-off was as well built and as fast as any of them. They were all real runners. Awesome GTG to say the least.
I will make it to the next one buddy, whenever it is,.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back