the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now these are two adjacent cuts in the same log, 1" apart, with the 5th or 10th place saw on top and the 1st place saw on the bottom? Looks like the one on top won, in that log, by a second or two. Impressive, especially if it was nmurph's mildly ported saw.

No wonder somebody said all the saws in the contest were great, especially if that was the 10th place saw.

I mean, if that was the 10th place saw I'm impressed that 10th and 1st place are that close, and if it's the 5th place saw I'm impressed that a saw with a flat top piston is that strong.

thats brads personal saw with the extra work not nmurphs.

I apologize, but I did not get the first saw ran and here is the only one I got of Simonizer for RiverRat and I wouldn't hesitate to send him a saw if I lived closer to him. Nice work sir
[video=youtube;MfskxSfXZMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfskxSfXZMI[/video]

can anyone tell me how long that cans of whupass last in the fridge,looks like ill need them for next time since i didnt get to use them this go around:hmm3grin2orange:

I apologize, but I did not get the first saw ran and here is the only one I got of Simonizer for RiverRat and I wouldn't hesitate to send him a saw if I lived closer to him. Nice work sir

Thanks Guy,,, I appreciate that,,, It certainly has plenty of grunt,,, I am well pleased...

i pulled them from the fridge last night when i went in and they were a solid block of ice. i think there done lol

To me watching the vids, I think #12 and #15 sounded and looked the best to me, whoever those are, great saws.

They do sound good, the sound reminds me of my EHP372.

A few things I think we all can agree on with these saws.

1. They all sound good and run well.

2. The 372 really takes well to port work, and you don't have to go crazy to make a great running work saw.

Last edited:
that was the first saw up and i dont think it made it to video sorry chris but youll like it when you get your hands on it.in clean wood side by side cuts its right on my 372's azz

You could of put a Husky hat on JD for a couple of hours! :hmm3grin2orange: We will see if he trades them 7900's when he returns home to Sconnie! Like the GRAVELY t-shirt too!

:msp_ohmy: I meant to get my hands on one of the 2 7900's there, and never did get too. Moparman had one as well,,, but between the rain showers and the buildoff, I forgot.

Ive never ran a 7900, but plan to!

I ran wendells but I missed running Jds. I was going to when a shower hit and then I forgot when it cleared up again.

It is amazing how close the top 6 were. I think we should find out how much Terry went in the red and help him out. I was not there but count me in.

What is amazing to me is that there is 2.575 seconds difference in the top 15 saws in this competetion in approx 100 inches of wood!!!

Think about that........less time than a good SNEEZE in the top 15 saws!

Anyone who wants to split hairs on that is just a #%$*.

I for one, would be darned proud to own any one of them!

Mike

Cowroy, thanks for all the vids.

One thing is obvious here. Any of the top tier saws could win on any given day. That's just the nature of wood and the operation of a chainsaw. It's not cut and dried like so many want it to be. For example, I know that the #10 saw is significantly stronger/faster than the #5 saw. Watch the vids and you can hear that #10 is holding way more RPMs in the cut. I'm not complaining here, just making my point. That's just how saw testing goes. Been there done that. My hat's off to Terry for a valiant effort of completely unbiased saw testing. This was not an easy assignment, and I for one, really enjoyed it. I'm all in favor of doing this again.

Latest posts

Back