the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look around on the web, there's pics of it without the blue fabric covering it, it is an Impressive Unit:msp_wub::tongue2:

Click that html link for his sig to bring you to that unit :hmm3grin2orange:

Yes, very, very nice.

I don't use it as my avatar. Darin & Jennifer want AS to be family friendly, & I respect that.

well chris j one more tank of fuel and im calling it broke in. it runs really good has torque and rpm. its turned out to be a very well rounded 2171. youll be smiling all day while running it. im going to buck one more tank of gas and then blow her off and shelf it till the gtg.. then ill be onto my 372 again. i believe this saw ended up with about 165 ex 162 in and 22 degree of blowdown. the piston has been milled into a pop up and the cylinder milled to get squish to .020.and the piston was windowed along with raising cylinder

Dang, I thought you said your next avatar was going to be your wife so I thought that who that turd cutter belonged to. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I got my 2171 because mdavlee begged me to take it off his hands. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Dang, I thought you said your next avatar was going to be your wife so I thought that who that turd cutter belonged to. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I got my 2171 because mdavlee begged me to take it off his hands. :hmm3grin2orange:

HAHAHHAA!!! Ok! You have a very good bedside manner Doc! :)

Well, after a few changes, heres my finished product. Saw is wearing a 28'' with full comp LGX, and a 8 pin sprocket. Probably be more forgiving with a 7 pin, but it seems to do pretty fair with a 8. Wood is Black Oak. Forgive my camera lady, shes slacking a little :laugh:.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpB2kBb_XDU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpB2kBb_XDU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Here is the finished trophy for everyone to fight over.
attachment.php

Sorta looks like a Stihl from here
attachment.php

Recoil housing more like a husky
attachment.php

It has baby nuts :taped: on the bar like a poulan/husky:msp_tongue:
attachment.php

Can't wait to see the saws run in June. Good luck to all.

well chris j one more tank of fuel and im calling it broke in. it runs really good has torque and rpm. its turned out to be a very well rounded 2171. youll be smiling all day while running it. im going to buck one more tank of gas and then blow her off and shelf it till the gtg.. then ill be onto my 372 again. i believe this saw ended up with about 165 ex 162 in and 22 degree of blowdown. the piston has been milled into a pop up and the cylinder milled to get squish to .020.and the piston was windowed along with raising cylinder

That sounds good to me, Terry. On the muffler, did you add a second opening with the screen & deflector? I'll go back through the posts to look for the photo.

Here is the finished trophy for everyone to fight over.

attachment.php

Can't wait to see the saws run in June. Good luck to all.

That looks great, cowboyvet.

It's good thing it won't need to packed & shipped...after the timed cuts are calculated ;) :laugh:.

Hey man, I see where ya got her fixed. Thats great.

Yeah, after I got to lookin, the damage wasn't as bad as I first thought. Most of it polished out. Its a little scared up, but It should be ok. I don't think Ill have to worry about anybody pulling my muffler to see the uglyness. :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

Last edited:
The wood is Hackberry. It's the only thing I have here at the house.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BktLwm4EFDM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back