the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds good to me but i'll just watch and learn all i can untill i find something i want to look at and see run in some wood

i buy a lot of bars and chains from the dealer and i dont have to pay tax on it. i log for a living and my ag tools are exempt

If I send a saw, how will anyboby know that I'm not cheating if I win? Will the saw be pulled apart to make sure I didn't BB?
And how about chain? Will it be brand new off the reel? Hope I'm not first on the roster. The chain should be broken in and filed at least one time. Going backwards, I'd like to run my KD 362 in the class, but it's a small mount so that won't work with B&C. I have an FMC 372 here too, but he's a cull so I wont enter it. Lol.
I bet my EHP 359 would place though.
Speaking of Ken Dunn, I talked with him tonight and told him about the throw down, but alas he's not been workin on saws lately and thought that Mike Rupely should show us his stuff.
Anyway, we still have lots of time and maybe I'll send a saw if it's ok that I send my 362.
Maybe Tommy Fales will get wind of the 'cull fest' and send one of his saws, but I doubt it.
I'm just chirping away, but I 'd make sure your saw is well briken in before you send it.
Should we take bets? I'd say it would be a toss up between Treeslinger and Simon. 50$ on Simon.
John

john what we have proposed to do is each saw owner will pay for a new chain and i will buy them all at once and they will be took out of the box and used on just that saw. i dont believe that we will be pulling any saws apart. this will be on the honor system. if you want to send a saw that would be great . but it will have to be on the large mount chasis with 50mm jug. i dont have small mount husky bars. and as far as jasha or simon ,well since im sending jasha one of my saws to do id have to go with him.

john what we have proposed to do is each saw owner will pay for a new chain and i will buy them all at once and they will be took out of the box and used on just that saw. i dont believe that we will be pulling any saws apart. this will be on the honor system. if you want to send a saw that would be great . but it will have to be on the large mount chasis with 50mm jug. i dont have small mount husky bars. and as far as jasha or simon ,well since im sending jasha one of my saws to do id have to go with him.

That sounds fair, no point in being deluged with every wannabe saw in the whole of North America! Lol
Look at the monster you have created! Lol
Will Spacemule be entering? Lol
John

HI JOHN!!!Hows the noggin?

Thanks for askin' Wiggs, just a bit o' brain damage, but nothing that can't be buffed out. Lol I still got that fried 046 that's lookin for a home. Heated handles, fried jug, special edition, now were loggin'!
I Love the smell of a fried jug in the mornin'. Lol
John

Will Spacemule be entering? Lol
John

PLEASE...

don't.

UGH. :taped:

Thanks for askin' Wiggs, just a bit o' brain damage, but nothing that can't be buffed out. Lol I still got that fried 046 that's lookin for a home. Heated handles, fried jug, special edition, now were loggin'!
John

John,

special edition like this one?? ----> Stihl MS 460 R NEW ! One Of A Kind ! ! ! - eBay (item 120703750878 end time Apr-05-11 14:01:53 PDT) :laugh:

Or maybe just, SMOOSHED???!

if you need a home for that saw, you just shoot me a PM :cheers: :laugh:

Unless Wiggs' got dibs on it :Eye::Eye:

John

Hey John what did you have to do to get your old name back?:msp_ohmy: LOL is Yukon-Sawman dead?

list of whos building so far

tlandrum2002 building for chris j
blsnelling building for jacob j
treeslinger building for tlandrum2002
simonizer building for river rat 2
komatsuvarna
blowncrewcab built by tlandrum2002

come on guys theres got to be more of you grinding on saws

komatsuvarna

Providing I get the saw in time, and parts for it, im in. Time will tell though...:) I have till June, right?

komatsuvarna

When is it? I could try to send one, but I wouldn't count on it. And I'd need it back, though.

Edit I see June 18. I'll think about it.

John

I prefer fried taters, but hey, whatever floats your boat. :laugh:

I know a guy who needs it. :)

you guys have plenty of time to get something done up for the gtg. so is it too early to start trash talkin.

If I send a saw, how will anyboby know that I'm not cheating if I win? Will the saw be pulled apart to make sure I didn't BB?
And how about chain? Will it be brand new off the reel? Hope I'm not first on the roster. The chain should be broken in and filed at least one time. Going backwards, I'd like to run my KD 362 in the class, but it's a small mount so that won't work with B&C. I have an FMC 372 here too, but he's a cull so I wont enter it. Lol.
I bet my EHP 359 would place though.
Speaking of Ken Dunn, I talked with him tonight and told him about the throw down, but alas he's not been workin on saws lately and thought that Mike Rupely should show us his stuff.
Anyway, we still have lots of time and maybe I'll send a saw if it's ok that I send my 362.
Maybe Tommy Fales will get wind of the 'cull fest' and send one of his saws, but I doubt it.
I'm just chirping away, but I 'd make sure your saw is well briken in before you send it.
Should we take bets? I'd say it would be a toss up between Treeslinger and Simon. 50$ on Simon.
John

$50 on Jasha, consider it a bet. Too bad you couldn`t run the saw daily for 4 years and race em again.

i would almost bet that the saw i am sending jasha to do will be the only saw that gets put to work the day after it gets back. cutting cookies for fun is what i do after the saw has made my living.

Latest posts

Back